How do you get yourself found?

Hi all - I’ve recently started selling my upcycled furniture on Folksy. I’ve read where many people have advised doing more than just sitting back and waiting for sales but can’t see anywhere how you actually go about this? Any advice greatly received. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi. You need to promote, promote, promote…and promote some more! Most people use social networking such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. You could also use Craftjuice, British Crafters, other craft groups, local advertising, hand out business cards, do craft fairs, vintage fairs, markets, local galleries, shops, craft outlets, country fairs. All the usual methods of promotion apply to selling online. It’s not easy or quick I’m afraid, but perseverance sometimes pays off. Good luck!

1 Like

you could also use Wanelo, and google+ and craftjuice, stumbleupon

There are also promotional threads in the Showcase section of the forum where we help each other by promoting each other whatever way we can.

Fiona
If you have accounts already open with Twitter, Pinterest, Stumbleupon and Facebook then as soon as you list a new item, you can use the buttons on the right-hand side of the page to add your items to these social network places. If not then I suggest you open an account with Pinterest and Facebook to get you started.
CraftJuice is another place that I recommend you open an account. When you get five votes your item is then promoted on Facebook and Twitter. There is a thread you can join in Showcase for Craftjuice which will help you get the votes you need.
On Facebook there are lots of community pages that help you with your promotion. British Crafters is very popular. All these outlets will increase views to your shop.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, just ask. Good luck!

Edwina

1 Like

Thank you all - yes I do have a FB and Pinterest account but didn’t know about the direct link, thanks. Trying to find a Folksy logo to put on my website too.

Morning All
Thanks for these answers they are very useful pointers. I was going to pose the same question as I was disappointed in my viewing figures yesterday.
Hazel