How do I turn off unwanted emails?

I’m now getting emails for my shop activity as well as expired items, and I’d really rather not get them. There doesn’t seem to be an option on them to unsubscribe, and I don’t want to switch off other notifications such as newsletters, sales/payment notifications. I can’t find anywhere on the dashboard either to turn off the unwanted ones - anyone know how I can do it?

At the moment I don’ t mind the activity e-mails, but I dare say the novelty will soon wear off… but the ‘item about to expire’ ones sometimes send me into a panic and I realised only the other day that I had relisted a sold out item - lucky I spotted it before it sold again. I’d love to be able to turn these off. I really can’t understand why Folksy sends them out for out of stock items anyway.

Unfortunately it looks like the emails (useful or not) come from robot@folksy so you can’t even get your email account to filter them. I’d love to be able to turn off the ‘about to expire’ ones as well.
Sasha

It would be nice to be able to turn off those emails. The ‘about to expire’ ones especially, since I only ever get them for sold out items so they’re about as useful to me as a chocolate teapot. I’m sure they’re useful for some people though, so it would be nice to make them optional!

You should be able to do an unsubscribe. You can always re-subscribe later. Or you can do a block and remove that later if you want.

The problem is that by doing that we would unsubscribe ourselves to all Folksy emails as there is no way to opt out of certain Folksy emails while still receiving the others. They all come from the same address too so blocking them isn’t an option either.

I suppose we could set up filters to automatically delete them based on the wording though …

1 Like

That’s certainly possible with Outlook online…I do that myself sometimes

I’ve had a reply from admin about it - no, they can’t be turned off (unless you unsubscribe, I guess). I love the new activity feature on my dashboard, but I don’t need an email to tell me what I can already see for myself! I already get far too many emails and don’t want them, so I’ll try to filter them as Melanie @Beledien has suggested. Maybe I can filter out those pesky expired ones too…