How do we report possible malware being sent through Folksy messages? please

That is the exact same wording as mine but from a different email address, in fact all of us seem to have gotten the messages from different email addresses, which will make it much harder to block them all. So disturbing! :frowning:

Iā€™ve just had the same

Hee hee, I love that you were feeling left out :wink:

I guess I was on etsy so long I got used to the terrible grammar and poor english of genuine buyers! :wink: Not just spam though if they contain malware or spying downloads :frowning:

I just got one too from Meetbearidan1982. I was reading on my phone and watching the tennis and clicked the link by mistake. Nooooo!! It downloaded the file but my Norton Security wouldnā€™t open it, thank goodness. Just ran my phone security and Norton didnā€™t detect any malware. So relieved it wasnā€™t on my PC. I never click links that look dodgy without checking, but distracted by the tennis. Doh!! Now deletedā€¦

1 Like

It looks like lots of sellers have received similar messages. Weā€™re really sorry they got through our spam filters. Weā€™re currently looking into how it happened but in the meantime PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the email. It is spam and we think the attachment is a virus.

Thanks for the quick confirmation! Sellers 1 spamners 0

1 Like

Iā€™ve just had one too, thought it dodgy so didnā€™t click on the link and popped on here to check. Glad to hear itā€™s being looked into, hope nobody gets anything nasty through clicking.

I had one too and clicked it as Iā€™ve never had any contacts from customers yet, so thought it was normal :frowning:

Yes had the same too so have reported it to Folksy support as well

Lesley :scream: