How do you feel about my photos?

I’d be really grateful and interested to hear your thoughts on my photos. This is because mine are ‘fake’ in as much as they are flat photos as I make them in the design package that I do my cards.

They are true to life as my cards are obviously graphics designed by me and i make sure the colours are as representative as possible but Folksy seem to prefer ‘lifestyle’ shots at the moment.

However would my photos put you off as a buyer?

All opinions gratefully heard. Negative or positive. I am really trying to see if it would benefit my shop to take true lifestyle shots or would my time be better spent doing other things. So be honest, I can take it!

here is an example to make it easier…

Many thanks,
Emma x

Personally I would like to see a photo of a real card as well. It wouldn’t need to be the exact one that I’m buying, but I probably wouldn’t buy without seeing an actual sample displayed on a shelf or table. I’d like to see that the card isn’t going to curl, that it will stand up, and to get an idea of size.

1 Like

I agree with Stephanie. Buying on line you want as good an idea of what you’re getting as possible so need to see the real card.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy from that photo as I prefer to see the actual item, Sorry x

doesn’t look like your customers mind too much as you’ve sold lots of cards :smile: , but if you want to get included in the Folksy picks and blogs etc, then yes the actual card in a lifestyle shot is needed. I’d be happy with a product shot that also has one close up showing the texture of the card.

1 Like

Thanks for your honesty. I think I knew deep down I needed to find a way to photograph them as well as using the graphic shots. I think you are right @Fatema a combination would work well. Then it satisfies more potential customers.
Emma x

I find the whole photography thing a nightmare as I’m a crafter not a photographer! I agree with most of the other posters though, a “real” shot is probably worth going for x

On the subject of taking photos, I am not sure if my photos could be improved in any way. Please feel free to visit my shop and give me your opinions, good or bad.

Esterina xx