How to use folksy hashtags?

I started instagram some time ago. I am still learning about hashtags, and my question is how to use hashtags like studiofolksy, folksyshop, folksyhq, folksy… I do not want to spam or overuse them…
for eg, studiofolksy, can I use it everytimd I have a work in progress anc thd item is gointo be in my shop?
is there a guide somewhere?
thanks
xx

Hi,

You can use hashtags whenever and wherever you like.
They’re simply to help with searching. So on Instagram for example on my feed I will just see people I follow, regardless of the hashtags they use.
However if I want, I can then search by hashtag, so in the search area I might type ‘studiofolksy’ for example, then I will just see all the photos where someone has used that hashtag.
Same works for Twitter etc.
Hope that’s helpful!

With Instagram your images are only going to be seen by people who don’t already follow you if you use the hashtags so use them plenty!

If you don’t want to be seen to be ‘spamming’ on your description you can add a comment underneath and use hashtags there too and they’ll be seen.

What I would say is that people who who use the hashtags and are looking for folksy items will see them with one or two Folksy hashtags, you could reach more people but having a couple of Folksy ones and then using #handmade #smallbusiness etc to catch other people.

Hope that helps a little x

Thanks for your replies, everything helps me to understand all this social media promoting a bit better but it is still long road for me to feel comfortable with it…
So, from what you said i understood that no one will come and tell me off for not using the hashtag correctly? I thought that maybe Folksy decides and tell people, like: If you want to post a photo of your desk you can use folksystudio, but only it the item will be available in your shop within a week. :wink:
But looks like it is much more relaxed than I thought…
xx