Instagram hashtag - sharing the love!

Hi everyone,
In case anyone else wants to join in, I thought I’d let people know that I started an Instagram hashtag last summer (#4folksyfinds). I choose one of my items and three from other Folksy sellers. I pick a theme for each post - like a mini Folksy Friday post, but quicker to put together and I can post one any day. I think having larger pictures gives the items more chance to be noticed and I add tags for each item’s category so it gets seen over a wider audience. (That’s the hope anyway!) Spreading the word… and the love. x

9 Likes

Hi I clicked your shop name at the top of your post and it took me to Folksy not your Folksy shop. Found this against the tag you quote Quirky and boho on Folksy Is this your shop ?

Hi,

Yes that’s me! x

Did you know you can include your shop name /line in your forum membership so it show on each Post ?

Maybe you have but it’s no set up quite correctly?

PS I have absolutely no idea where you specify your shop link so it shows clickable against your comments. !!

I’m going to guess there was a change of username. You need to log out of the forums, and then once you log in again it’ll update to your new name and new shop link.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll look into it. It’s the first time I’ve posted on there and I just went on and added a comment. x

1 Like

Thanks Kim, that’s what’s happened. I’ve updated it now. x

2 Likes

Love this idea, will definitely give it a go! :+1:

That’s great! :grinning: x

How can I join in? I don’t have an instagram a/c. Do I just # my items?
I find social media a bit baffling at times!

Hi Theresa,

The posts do go on Instagram I’m afraid so you’d need an account to post on there. (You’re not alone in finding social media baffling, I can’t get my head around Facebook!) x

Hi Gwen,
Actually I do have an Instagram a/c but previously I couldn’t upload anything without a mobile phone, but it now accepts photos from my pc. So what happens now?

Hi Theresa,

Next time you’re on Instagram take a look at #4folksyfinds for some examples. I’ve got about 50 posts on there and Ali, another Folksy seller, posts on there as well. You will need some sort of application that allows you to bring photos in to make the image. I use an application I had from when I worked as a graphic designer, but there are probably a lot of apps that you can use nowadays. If you don’t have one on your PC, hopefully someone on the forum could advise on that. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. x

Hi I am trying to learn Instagram, my name is DesiredDream.poetcrafter

Any feedback would be appreciated, many thanks.

Hi Jane,

It can be a bit daunting to start with. I had to buy Instagram for Dummies just to learn how to post!

I’ve had a quick look at your Instagram account and I can see you have a few posts up there. If you’re using it to spread the word about your shop it would be worth putting a bit in your bio about what you make and add the link to your Folksy shop on there so people can click through.

Tags are crucial so for your lovely owl card perhaps use tags like #owlcard #owlandmoon etc
Take a look at some other Folksy members Insta accounts and see how they use them.

Hope that helps!

xGwen

Great idea I’ll give it a follow and try to do the same. I alway intend to do a folksy Friday but it just ends up where I don’t have the time so this might be a bit easier.
I’m @finefettleuk :blush:

Thank you. I have updated, I hope it looks a bit better.

Can anyone help me? I was happily setting up posts on IG until recently I found that my IG was no longer looking at the place on my tablet where my photos are stored. i don’t know where to look.