I think I have an issue

My name is Alison and I love paper and ribbons. I save the ribbons from Christmas chocolate boxes and even cut those thin ribbons out of the insides of jumpers :blush:

3 Likes

I have a whole collection of the ribbons I’ve cut out of the shoulders of tops & waistbands of skirts, they’re a great size for putting across small cards, I have also been known to retrieve the tube part of Christmas crackers if it has a nice patterned paper :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So pleased it isn’t just me :smile:

3 Likes

LOL…these are SO funny

My Drug of choice is American licence plates, well i make stuff with them but i just can’t get rid of any off cuts i see all those little bits as potential items valuable in there own way.Boxes and boxes under my work table.But wait the worst is yet to come i actually sniff licence plates,some arrive from the States with a slight pong to them and i have to check them before up cycling them.
And you think you’ve got issues.

3 Likes

Oh, yes, I stroke my paper… sometimes I stand in my studio and sniff… paper smells lovely!

3 Likes

Am I allowed 2 ?

My name is Joy and I am a Skirtoholic.
Check out my wardrobe (/s :slight_smile: ) if you don’t believe me. Some people like shoes, me I can’t resist a skirt and I Never throw anything away.

2 Likes

I’m a Bag Lady! :wink:

2 Likes

Paper bag lady?

2 Likes

I have an addiction to beads, paper, stamps and wool!

2 Likes

Buttons for me too!

You lucky it’s a specific addiction, I just love anything pretty and crafty, that miiiiggght come in handy one day :wink:

1 Like

Me too. I’m knee deep but still buy new or different ones. Trouble is, I’ve been addicted over 20 years, so not much hope of weaning me off!

1 Like

I live in much the same things style-wise as I wore when I was 21…jeans, shirt or T-shirt, cardi (not grandma type!) Only the occasional skirt unless it’s really hot. We don’t go out in the evenings or socially at all so I don’t ever need to dress up,sadly.

ha ha ha Mark that is worrying…lol

Oh my I think I need to continue confessing.

I’m a total hoarder my house is busting at the seams so we have to build extra bit to it :open_mouth:

Everything has to be carefully saved and reused. My different stash boxes are overflowing.

I’m trying really I am I’m using up my busting at the seams box of scrap bits of yarn into tiny crochet Christmas stockings.
Help I’m drowning in crafting supplies :open_mouth: :blush:

4 Likes

Erm… I have a confession… I have a collections of (deep breath) buttons, ribbon, fabric, beads, vintage sequins, felt tip pens, felt, sewing and crAft books, sewing and craft magazines, and a new collection of yarn, since I learned how to crochet this year. I also have a large handbag and shoe collection… Oh dear!!! :blush: it’s nice to know I’m in good company !

2 Likes

I usually have that problem when I go to my favourite store in America. I can’t stop buying fabrics, but this I actually ressisted from buying any or in other words hubby dragged me out kicking and screaming (Only Joking) but I did have terrible withdrawl symptoms.

2 Likes

OK, confessions continue…4 large boxes of knitting/crochet wool, four organiser boxes of wound/ carded cross stitch thread plus large box with 150+ ready to wind skeins plus large box of x stitch fabrics, four large containers of dressmaking fabric plus 1 box of dressmaking patterns,some going back to early70s, large container of jewellery wire and gizmos, 15 Really Useful boxes of beads(A3size) Two whole walls of books(shelves up to ceiling…kitchen cupboards bursting at the seams plus tins etc in garage, but I know I’m a squirrel as my mum is and her mum before her too
And all because I went to 9 primary schools and 3 secondaries (that’s my excuse!) Probably more because my husband has his “hobbies” too so puts up with mine. One of his hobbies helps loads (Microsoft engineer and network accredited) as he’s retired so does computing miracles at home. The other is writing music for film/ video/own pleasure,and as we went to college together to study music I enjoy his crafting too.

1 Like

My name is Lizzy and I’m a stampaholic. It’s not just the stamps, it’s all the lovely inky, painty, sparkly bits that go with them. Then there’s my patterned paper and card addiction, everyone knows that you have to have at least 3 sheets in every design. One to use, one to look at and a spare, you know just in case. Oh and brightly coloured felt and space dyed embroidery thread and sequins. I’m afraid there’s no hope for me. At least I know I’m not alone!