I'm going to whisper it really quietly...Christmas!

I can’t quite believe I’m saying this, with a sunshine yellow parasol up in the garden and crisp blue skies, but today I am starting a Christmas Owl.
It’s the first year I’ve had a range of items specific to Christmas, and I was wondering if anyone else has started thinking about the big C?
Or maybe everyone started Christmas stock ages ago and I’ve just caught on :slight_smile:

Sarah x

2 Likes

Absolutely! We’ve been beavering away for the last month cutting and printing new prints to fill our shops ready for the festive season. Hoping to complete another 16 before the end of September…then we’ll start on sorting out an area in the studio as a dedicated packing space. This year we will be organised! (Hoping to get a lie down in January). :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been making a list of things to make and I’ve just started re listing Christmassy items.

I’ve also ready to start taking commissions for Christmas so I have plenty of time to create and post.

Yes, quietly been making up stock for Christmas :smiley:

Yup - Christmas planning has started here but as someone who doesn’t allow herself to even think the C word until December it goes against the grain! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been busy with Christmas stock for a couple of months now although mostly its been buying in stock and preparing things ready to make. Also been trying out various ideas. I expect in the next couple of weeks things will start to come together. :slight_smile:

I have just one item which i made a bit late for last year which is still waiting for a home, but i have bought some christmas fabric for some bunting. Looking forward to doing more and probably some felt makes, they went down well last year. @GwinKerry i am with you there, I am not a fan of christmas before December, i find it all over the top!

@LittleRamStudio - can I just say how much I love your badger linocut on the Smorgasbord - really beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iv been making things since January. I sold well at Xmas craft fairs last year so Im hoping to do the same this year(fingers crossed). Ive been decorating candles with santa, as well as recycling jam jars to make them into tea light holders, plus Im making 3D soldered xmas decs. Oh and gift boxes.Oh and cros stitch decorations. Heres my blog with pics. http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

I’ve sold 5 of these baubles since the beginning of July :smiley:

I think about Christmas stock all year round - even as I am selling for one Christmas I will be getting ideas and planing for the following Christmas :slight_smile:

I’ve already sold 6 Christmas decorations from FB to one customer within the last 2 weeks and I reckon she will be buying more. I’ve also had 2 orders for my Christmas tree’s which I posted on another thread "What are you Working On’

Pauline

I’ve been busy doodling away Christmas card ideas. It does seem sooo bizarre to be drawing snowflakes etc when it’s 25 degrees outside! I do love Crimbo, it’s my favourite time of year! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh my oh my - I’ve just typed in Christmas in the Folksy search box and it’s come back with 3908 items!!!

1 Like

I popped a pair of Xmas Pudding earrings in my shop a couple of days ago, and I must admit it did feel strange in August, but this time last year I had only just joined so i missed a lot of the seasonal sales with not being organised enough.
I’m trying to do better this year. I’ve got quite a few Halloween goodies in the shop, and now I need to get cracking on more Xmas goodies.

Karen :four_leaf_clover: