I'm So Chuffed With Myself

I’ve just gone through the whole of my wardrobe and every pair of trousers that fitted me last year are all now way too big, there were blouses in there I have never worn and now I’ll be able to. I’ve been trying for years to loose weight and its only these last 7 months I’ve managed it. I would like to loose another 7lb before October ready for our daughters wedding and I’ll be over the moon. Averaging a 1lb a week, it is dooable if I just put my mind to it. Looks like I shall be going on a big spending spree after the wedding ready for winter.

10 Likes

That’s great Pauline :slight_smile: well done and how lovely to have a new wardrobe for the winter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You Hazel. Can’t wait to go shopping, hehe

Well done you, I have been trying to lose weight myself and I seem to be doing pretty well as the lbs are dropping.

1 Like

well done :slight_smile: I bet you are doing the happy dance now you all those extra blouses and an excuse to go buy more trousers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would if my knees let me.

Well done, that’s a great achievement! :smile:

1 Like

Well done Pauline @PaulinesCrafts just keep thinking about that wedding outfit and start planning your new winter wardrobe and be strong and your’e achieve your goal.

1 Like

Well done, it’s not easy. I’ve lost 8lbs but still a long way to go. Clothes already feeling looser.

If I can manage this last 7lb that will mean I’ve lost 2 stone in 7 months. I now that’s slow but its better doing it that way than doing fast.

:thumbsup: well done :o)

1 Like

You’re a lot more likely to keep the weight off having lost it slowly. People who drop weight fast usually put it back on again as I know to my cost. I lost my extra half stone back in April, but it soon went back on :frowning:

1 Like

Congratulations, Pauline

I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Last July I had a gastric bypass and so far have lost about 9 1/2 stone. I’ve gone from a size 32 to 14. The best thing about it (other than the health aspect, of course) is that when I recently flew home I didn’t need a seat belt extension and the seat tray was able to come down. I still have 2 stone to lose to get where I want to be, but hopefully by Christmas I will have reached my goal.

My best advice is to keep if off by eating healthy and exercise It’s a lot better to keep it off than going up and down. You have every reason to be chuffed. Best wishes for your upcoming marriage. Your partner is very lucky!

Kind regards,
Leslie

1 Like

Very well done! That’s a huge achievement

Hi Leslie, that is a great achievement of yours, and good luck with loosing the rest. By the way its my daughters wedding not mine haha but even still its a big day. My secret was to cut out all the bad carbs and drink plenty of green tea and eat lots of green veg. I hardly do any exercise really but if I was to do that I’m sure I would loose lots more.

Oh Well Done!!! I too have been dieting and as you get older, it gets harder! I too have been averaging 1lb a week but have had weeks where I haven’t lost anything so it has been a determined path! I’ve come down from 16.6 to 15.4 so far. I don’t want to go much below 13 stone though as I don’t want to look scraggy!!!..I am of the belief that larger girls age better!!!

1 Like