Weight loss on Folksy

Have started this thread as thought we could help each other along in the lows and celebrate the highs.

I started my diet after a phone call with the surgery pharmacist about my cholesterol, she has put both DH and myself on statins. Then spoke to the nutritionist and discussed a low fat diet.

So far have lost 12lbs and hope by next week’s weigh in to have made the stone mark. Feeling healthier and more energy already.

15 Likes

Made the first stone mark. Been easier than I thought it would be. Happy dance.

4 Likes

Well done Caroline that is really good how long did it take you to lose the first stone?

I am trying my hardest to lose the weight I have put on over the last year since I have been unable to move a great deal at all and also because of the tablets that I am taking. I did lose 4 stone with SW but I have now put on over a stone and need to try to keep my weight fairly even and not gain anymore. These days my weight hovers between 11 stone and 11 stone 6. I seem to put on a few pounds then lose a few pounds but not get down any lower than the 11 stone mark.

This post is a good idea to try to keep me on track and also to say well done on your weight loss, that is a significant milestone.

1 Like

You can do it Pauline. I am not following any of the usual just doing what the nutritionist at the surgery suggested. for me low fat due to cholesterol which apparently is hereditary. Lost my Dad when I was 18 with a massive heart attack. Fibre cereal for breakfast, chicken and salad for lunch with a bit of rice, fresh fruit salad or yoghurt for dessert. Mid afternoon a fibre one bar, then half a natures valley for supper.

Walk twice or three times a day with the dog and he is a fast walker no messing around, mainly because he cannot wait to get home, lol.

Have lost another 2lbs that is 1st 2lbs in total, happy dance.

4 Likes

I hope so but not being able to move around and exercise is a real pain, pun not intended

1 Like

wishing you good luck as well @hamnajain

1 Like

Chatting is helpful, hope you do well.

2 Likes

I have weighed in this morning and miraculously I have lost 2.5 lbs but I expect it will be back on next week, not that I intend gorging myself with all the naughty things but that seems to be the way it works, just because it can. I shall enjoy the loss for this week though.

3 Likes

Well I told you didn’t I ? Not only managed to put on 2.5 lbs last week but another 1 this week. I really don’t know how as I follow the SW plan for everything. Fed up. I suspect it’s because i eat a lot of fruit and also don’t do any exercise at all as I can’t get around

3 Likes

well done @Caroleecrafts, it’s not easy is it, what a fantastic accomplishement
@CreationsforTinyTots I know how you feel. I use to be very active, running, cross trainer etc and was very fit then in 2012 spine problems set in. 2014 first spine op went wrong and of course now I work from home. Weight gain, lots of it…2.5 stone since I left work, 1 stone this year so far, I’m tall so perhaps don’t look it but now 14 stone and need to lose weight for my spine. When I reached 12.5 stone my consultant said it would be good to lose half a stone.
I eat fairly healthy but I’ve never been able to lose weight without exercise. and now can’t do any, so it’s continued to climb. I do think it’s harder for women once menopause hits as well as the weight sits around the middle (well it does on me :grinning:). I hope you are more successful than me Pauline, it is difficult when exercise isn’t possible. Well done Caroline though, pleased you are doing so well.

3 Likes

I suppose I should concentrate on the fact that at the moment I am only gaining the weight that I lost in the previous weeks and not gaining lots. When I started on SW I weighed 14 stone and half a pound. I managed to get down to 10 stone and stayed there for about 18 months but then when my ankle started paining me and my legs as well so it’s good that over the last 18 months or so I’ve only put on a stone and a half. Trying to find something to be happy about her. SW is supposed to work even if you don’t exercise but I expect they do think that you can get around and do the all of the usual things.
Wishing you luck with your weight loss journey and I hope that we can keep this thread going. Well done for thinking of it Caroline @Caroleecrafts. You are doing very well with your journey are you following anything like SW or doing your own thing?

2 Likes

Well done!
Hubby and me (a bit) are on low carb. He’s steadily loosing it. Probably about stone and a half some nice April. His downfall tho is wine (and mine) but it’s steady, happy with that. I don’t eat loads anyway but need to loose about half a stone. He runs and cycles but is only at weekends as he’s shattered after being in conference calls most of the time.

3 Likes

Well I was doing well now been at a plateau for ages. Still continuing though as must get this weight off.

Wow you did really well Pauline. Not on any diet just as discussed with the surgery pharmacist after my cholesterol results were not good. DH was the same although higher. I blame his on the fact that he went through James Martins Highlands to Island’s cook book. He uses a lot of butter in his cooking.

My diet has been protein such as chicken until coming out my ears, with loads of salad, white cabbage and carrots etc. No potatoes, sugar, cakes or red meat. I hate fish so have been told to eat a handful of walnuts each day. Lee (DH) is lucky as he loves fish, yuk!

Lee says that walking behind me (in his rightful position, lol) he can see I have lost weight. Have a lot more energy and cleaned downstairs myself this morning.

Have ordered a treadmill, due mid Sept as we are fair weather walkers as is the dog. Mizzle the other morning and I was at the bottom of the drive getting wet and he sat under the front porch. Good job only 6am or would have looked a right idiot calling a dog who would not budge. Lee opened the front door, said dog turned round and went in!!!

Keep it up ladies we will get there together. Just hard at times but hearing others stories helps.

4 Likes

Well done with the weight loss everyone, not easy in this climate at all. I joined WW a few months ago, mid menopause and a very sedentary job means I struggle to lose weight, but so far have lost 10lb over the past 12 weeks and have just hit my 5% weight loss target, I’m aiming for 10% so about half way there. It’s very slow in coming off 1/2lb to 1lb a week but the way I’m seeing it is I’m in it for the long haul as I’ll probably always have to watch my weight given my job so I’m happy with that :slight_smile: and it’s going in the right direction. Right off for a walk now before dinner. Keep going peeps, and have a lovely evening xx

5 Likes

Well done everyone. It’s good to talk to others about their weight loss regime as it doesn’t seem to be so bad if others are saying the same thing. Sorry your loss has plateaued Caroline and that your husband knows his rightful place. ha ha

Well done Max on your journey that amount lost soon builds up and they say if you loose the weight slowly you are more likely to keep it off longer.
Keep going Debbie it will work soon, so my husband Brian keeps telling me.

3 Likes

Well done all of you for making such progress…I think I may need to try a little harder, not easy though, most of my time is spent sewing on a bed… perhaps those healthy bananas and yoghurts I have been eating everyday are actually piling on the pounds :slight_smile: I hope everyone continues to make progress and feels much better for it

3 Likes

My problem is sitting at a sewing machine Debby. I do exercise with a lot of walking but am sure the body adjusts to make it harder to lose the weight.

2 Likes

Not to be too rude but I do think it is much harder to lose weight as you get older, that’s what I’m telling myself anyway

Keep trying Debby. I can’t exercise but I do try to take a walk around our garden a few times a day but in the wet weather it’s a bit difficult.

1 Like

Another week of no loss but DH who is not trying has lost 4lbs, grrr. He does not want to loose too much so have suggested that I give him some of mine, lol.

4 Likes

I,ve got some going free if he needs a bit more @Caroleecrafts