Instagram Spammers

Is it just me or are others on Instagram getting a load of comments from spammers. The main one which is infuriating me is “I have a question please DM me” they don’t have a question because if they did they would DM me! I was patiently reporting as spam, blocking and deleting and but they are popping up really frequently now and they are always young foreign people pouting and posing!:angry::rage::triumph::imp:

6 Likes

Oh not had that yet but sounds like a nightmare. I do get the odd young pouting follower from abroad and I avoid following them back.

I did hear that things like paid followers and likes are big business on Instagram to create fake influencers etc. so could be part of some sort a campaign to get interactions.

How irritating, hope you get peace from it soon.

1 Like

Yep. I get the please DM me one and 'promote on blah blah blah 3m+. They are there within seconds of posting

Yes, I get that a lot! It’s really silly isn’t it? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl: :roll_eyes:

I always think to myself “if you’ve got a question just ask in the comments!” :joy:

2 Likes

Definitely not just you_ I get them too…usually offering more followers, or curated platforms, or ‘follow x amount of us’ and we’ll promote this that and the other!

I usually just block their accounts and pay it no mind, I’m not sure if that’s an overreaction or it makes it worse but it seems to be quite common, unfortunately!

xx

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I do, I report as spam, block and then delete. It is getting more and more though as @Knittingtopia says it is within seconds of posting and not just one now but two or three. I wonder if it is one of the hashtags I am using? They didn’t do it on the post I used #angryoldwoman :laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

Yes, i have been getting lots. I just block and report them. So annoying.

2 Likes

At least it’s not just me then! it appears it is becoming widespread unfortunately.:frowning:

1 Like

I used to get lots but have set up so if anyone tries to use a certain word or words ie DM, message me, instagram blocks the message.

It is in settings, privacy and security, comments filtering, I use the following words - Dm me, dm, promote, promote it on.

16 Likes

That’s useful to know! Thank you, Susan!

1 Like

Good idea, i’ll check that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to know, I’ll try it, Thank you😊

1 Like

Thank you :blush: definitely useful!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Thank you this has been very helpful as I’ve recently joined Instagram so the heads up really helps and how others have had these same issues to thank you x

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t know that.

1 Like

It’s not just you. I actually replied to one earlier to pull his pants up… Nothing impressive to see there! :joy:

1 Like