Instagramers

Yes, it’s different for me. I am my business and my business is my life. There is no separation between the two in my life so it would feel weird to create a fake separation for social media. (Although I do manage it for Facebook because they’re a bit fussier… which is possibly why I don’t use my Facebook page as much).

There’s no right or wrong way, I just know I rarely follow businesses unless it’s something I absolutely love and want to buy everything from. But when a little personality shows through (even if it’s just something simple like the odd pet photo or a nice landscape), there’s something more to connect to and I’m more likely to click the follow button.

But then also running 2 accounts for local art events… from those I’m more likely to follow the accounts with more work photos, and only like the work photos, because that’s who they need to target (it’d be a lot more difficult to post a cat photo there).

I suppose it depends if you’re using it purely for promotion or also for enjoyment and connecting with people (not just customers).

2 Likes

Fully agree, there is no set format or right or wrong, do what suits, but keep creating :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I love instagram, I find it so positive :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Instagram.com/linzimakes

3 Likes

now following, love the shop :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, love your work too :heart:

2 Likes

I share some personal things on my business insta account but I recently set up another account to share all of the things I make that aren’t related to my shop. I thought it would get a bit confused if I had dress making, cake decorating etc on my shop account which is mostly embroidery and crochet. I thought about it for a good while and decided that I want people to know what they could find in my shop by taking a looking at my shop account.

1 Like

Your pieces are so pretty :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much for that comment, :smile: your pieces always make me smile x

1 Like