I've finally taken the plunge

Hello

Well I’ve gone and done it… I’ve joined Facebook, and made a Karenscraftybitz page. I used to use Facebook a while ago before I opened my shop, but I closed it as I didn’t really like it much.
I know how important it can be for promotion so fingers crossed.
It all looks quite alien to me. My other half has set up RSS Graffiti so when I add something to my shop it automatically posts to Facebook and twitter which is good. I just need to make sure relists aren’t included :grinning:
Has anyone got any tips or hints for getting the most out of promoting there?
I’ve noticed a couple of Facebook related threads here so I’m off to read them.

Here’s my FB link. Feel free to have a look and let me know what you think :grinning:

Karen :four_leaf_clover:

Karen @karenscraftybitz - it doesn’t like your link. I got an error message. Want to try it again?

I got the same error link @ciesse so I just went on Facebook and typed in the name and it came up OK.

Sent you a new like.

Pauline

1 Like

Just had a visit and left you a new like :smiley:

1 Like

Hi. Thanks Christine @ciesse. I’ve changed the link. I hope this one works :blush:

Thanks for the like @paulinescrafts :blush:

Karen :hibiscus:

Thanks Yvette @biskettblue.

I’m off to do some liking. I’ve seen a thread somewhere lol :blush:

1 Like

I just tried to like too but couldn’t? Will try again later.

Be sure to like Bc here! https://www.facebook.com/BritishCrafters :slight_smile:

The new link takes me to a personal page, not a business one, so I couldn’t ‘like’ it. But I found your business page by typing the name in and liked that one instead! :smile:

I wonder what I’m doing wrong :neutral_face:
I’m baffled. I will try again.

Karen :leaves:

I’ve edited the link again lol. I will get there in the end hopefully.
I hope this one works :grinning:

I found you!

This is your page link!

Have given you a share to BC just! Should get you a few lovely new likers

2 Likes

I found you too! You will soon get the hang of it!
rosalind x

1 Like

Thanks Susan @dottiedesigns much appreciated :grinning:

Yes slowly getting to grips with it @myfanwysmiscellany :grin:

Karen x

Karen, took a quick look at your facebook page and the pictures are out of focus, looks like they have been enlarged far too much for the pixels used in your original photos. Suggest you sort that asap, as otherwise people won’t appreciate your fine work. It could be some sort of zoom facility setting you need to look at, not sure don’t use facebook myself.

Thanks @rkaimages

I bet its because I’m setting up using my tablet device. I’ve not had chance to see what everything looks like on the lap top or PC.
Hey ho the bafflements of technology :grin:

Thanks again for the heads up. I will check it out and see if I can adjust the photos :blush:

Karen :palm_tree:

Found you! Gave you a like from my personal page, so it counts :smiley:

1 Like

thanks @BobbysBoutique :smiley:

whats the best way to share an item to our facebook page directly from our folksy shop?
I know my other half has set up an rss feed which adds my new items automatically to facebook and twitter, but i dont like the poor quality of the small thumbnail and i would much prefer a larger image.
Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:

Karen

I have just liked your page Karen
Here is mine…

Jeanie x

1 Like

Thanks Jeanie @bluebeezy

im off to like yours too :smile:

Karen