Just renewed my plus account

My shop has been empty for quite a while what with one thing or another, I won’t bore you with the details. Anyway I have just renewed and started listing. Glad to be back it feels great. Marg. x

1 Like

I would say welcome back but I’m sure you’ve been cropping up in the forums, anyway welcome back and have fun getting your shop ready for Christmas (argh!). My plus account runs out in a week so I’m busy listing everything so that I can let it lapse for a month ish whilst I make some more stuff.
Sasha

Thanks Sasha, you’re right, I have been keeping in touch with the forums and craftjuice when I had the time. I’ve been busy making so I can fill my shop. But listing will have to be a drip, drip process over the next few days. Marg. x

Good to see sellers coming back. I will probably renew when the time comes as I have recouped my cost on it, not loads mind, but I haven’t lost on it. And I do like it here, just wish it was busier.

Hi and welcome back Marg, don’t forget if you are drip feeding your items in why not join the daily listing challenge and showcase your items at the same time. Don’t forget #Folksyhour on twitter tonight and every tuesday another good way to meet up with a lot of folks.
Hazel

1 Like

welcome back.
I only upgraded in March and am pleased to say that I am in profit now, so anything for the next 6 months will be a bonus…I shall definitely be renewing next year.

My plus account ran out over a year ago and I said I wouldn’t renew mine because I lost out the second time around. I’m now reading all these post about how well everyone is doing since they renewed or updated to plus accounts. Not sure if I should take the plunge and renew mine. I’m worried I may loose out again. I haven’t done much with my shop since January, I only have 1 item for sale at the moment.

I wouldn’t list as many as I do if I never had the plus account. It’s the freedom of it, its really good.

I always notice the drop in views when I’m on holiday and not relisting. I will renew my plus account out of fear that my sales will dry up altogether if I can’t relist…

I just renewed for the 3rd year and I’m pleased to say I’ve made profit every year.

1 Like

I’m holding off for now. Concentrating on getting traffic without any relisting. Will need to pay out at some point before my listings run out

My plus account is up for renewal in a few days time and I wasn’t going to renew, but just today I made a sale. I will take this as a sign and continue for at least another year. You never know.

Hi. I’ve been reading up on the Plus account as I wasn’t sure if I would benefit. I might of been looking in the wrong places but couldn’t find the info I wanted.
Does it just offer the unlimited listings or are there other benefits? Sounds like it’s working well for most of you.
Thanks,
Gemma

@AvenueFurnishings I really like it as you can list all day long. The commission is the same and you don’t get priority on anything but I have recouped my cost of it, so will definitely do it again.

Hi @AvenueFurnishings For the flat fee of £45 per year you can list (and relist) as many items as you want. So if you list or relist 250 times within that year it costs you the same as pay per listing, any more than that and it works out cheaper (I have 300 listings so its a no brainer for me). It also allows you to feature items within your shop (they get a bigger box above the collections) but that only occurs within your shop - they don’t get featured anywhere else. It doesn’t get you any sort of preferential treatment towards being included in gift guides or any promotion by folksy.
Hopefully that answers your question
Sasha

1 Like

Thanks for the responses @Amberlilly and @SashaGarrett. That was exactly the info I wanted. I’ll have to go and do some sums :grinning:

It does, I believe, keep you near the top of the “category” search if you relist regularly. Also you get your items in the “recently listed” section on the front page…

I think this is my third renewal of my plus account. I love it because you can relist whenever you want and not have to think “how many listings can I afford”. When compared to craft shows and buying magazines it’s a no brainer. I am filling my shop at the moment as I spent all July making. Marg.

1 Like