Kirstie Allsopp handmade fair at Syon Park

Got an invite from above to attend the Syon fair in November, apparently my products are a good fit with the affluent ladies in the area. At £251.00 plus vat per metre square they can think again. Must admit it is well organised and every stall is in a pod protected from the customers but not for me.

2 Likes

Initially I read that as £25 per metre and then read again! Nice to be invited though. :slight_smile:

I once had someone enthusing over my work on folksy and telling me how it would fit in so well with Kirsties fairs, ( I felt like saying if you like my work so much why don’t you buy some) I asked around a bit, and stall holders seem to think that people go for the workshops and food, not people like us!

That is my thought and because she pushes make it yourself come round the stalls and get ideas. Had read that some that attend sell hardly anything and not worth the expenditure plus travel etc. Better off staying home on Folksy.

1 Like

I got one too, messaged through Folksy, for a Kirstie Allsopp fair in September. She can think again! I’d have to sell everything I’ve got in my shop to even cover the cost. (Apart from the fact that we’ve been shielding since March, and we’ve decided that even the fairs we know and love can wait until next year at least.)

2 Likes

With you there Joss not doing our local one end of Nov as the hall is small and impossible to SD. We have walked and the farm shop but that is it tbh not bothered about going out.

I had one too, but too far to go anyway as I am in Cornwall. Couldn’t afford the outlay at the moment anyway!

I can’t stand Kirstie Allsop.

I wonder if they’re contacting everyone, as I got one as well. I’m in Scotland!!! Even at my most optimistic, I’d need to sell everything I’ve ever made plus a kidney to make the site cost plus travel and accommodation worth it. It looks like a mass spamming event if they included me in their email. She’s not known for her understanding of lower incomes, is she?

1 Like

It could be because they did not know was going ahead and a lot of the regulates have not booked this year. Now desperate to find stall holders.

I don’t mind her as where I went to school all similar ilk. MyDH also claims I talk like her, load of rubbish, lol.

Couple of years ago I got an invite to take part in one of competitions (presents for pets) on her Xmas show - thought it was spam but turned out to be real. From digging on the internet I found out they were really short of contestants - wasn’t sure whether to be flattered to be invited as was obvious it was only cos they were really desperate. Didn’t do it as I’d have died of embarrassment, wouldn’t have been able to keep up the twee act and it isn’t the craft I’m trying to focus on. It did give everyone a laugh :grinning:

I would have died too, no way bad enough doing our annual village fair but at least I know everybody there.

1 Like