Listing organisation advice

Hi all,

Hope you’re all well. I’m doing a bit of an organisational ‘spring’ clean of my Folksy shop and wondered if any of you had some good tips. I want it to be as clear and customer friendly as possible but have a slight case of overwhelm and not sure where to start and and what to tackle first. Any advice much appreciated! You can check out my shop here:

1 Like

My main advice is:
Given that you want your customers to see what you are actually selling and so they can quickly click and buy when the do And the difficulty of making sure collections don’t overlap and controlling what pictures appear in your collection boxes and avoid duplicates.
Cut your collections to Six. Six fits on a line. Six is neat.

That will look much better ( you have a part 3rd line of collections) and bring your actual listings up the page.
My shop has A Lot of listings but I manage very happily with just 6 collections. xx

5 Likes

I’ll back Joy up on the number of collections thing - on a PC they are displayed as a row of 6, on a phone they are displayed in pairs so the more collections you have the more I have to scroll down to either find the collection I’m after or to see actual products. I have seen shops with sooooo many collections that I’ve given up trying to figure out which collection I’d need to look in or how much further I’d need to scroll to find actual listings. 6 collections is a good number to aim for.

3 Likes

Thanks @JOYSofGLASS and @SashaGarrett definitely will do this, completely makes sense!! Will have a bit of a brainstorm as to which ones make the most sense for everything! Really appreciate the tips thanks! xx

1 Like

Managed to trim it down to the six categories, hoorah! Another quick question before I dive straight into try to reorder the listings via the drag and drop shopkeeping section. Would you recommend highlighting a few key pieces from a collection and then changing to a different range to show a the variety in your shop, or just show each collection in bulk one after the other?

Since you have collections set up there is no need to lump everything from the collection together in the main shop - people can just go to that collection. Mix things up in the main shop view.

1 Like

Great thanks! :slight_smile:

Yep I go for a mix too if you have collections set up. I normally just bring my seasonal items to the front, so right now I’d have wintery/Christmas items on my first page (although I still need to get around to my reordering).

1 Like

Agreed. I used to organise my shop but then as soon as i sold something or made something new it messed it up again. I really love the feature section as I just select All rainbows and have plenty of those so they are always different for anyone visiting.

You could easily use the Feature section to highlight Christmas items for example :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks this is all really helpful! I’ve really needed to do this since starting my Folksy shop to be honest but so many other jobs got in the way. I think I’ve got the first page to a nice place now and shall continue the drag and drop adventure!

Ot looks very smart and appealing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking really inviting now, makes it easier to find your lovely items.

1 Like

Thanks! Definitely the boost I need to try and finish it today! :grin:

Personally speaking, as a shopper, I’m not remotely worried about there being more than 6 collection categories - I’d far rather be able to drill down to what I’m looking for than scroll through big shops that have lots of items in their collections. I think it depends on how complicated your shop is (ie, how you would need to split your collections without too much overlapping and in a way that’s helpful to customers), and also how many items you have listed. So I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer really.

In my shop I’ve got 3 rows of collections (so 18 in total). Looking at this on a PC or on the phone doesn’t (I think) make it hard work for people to scroll. On a phone it’s a couple of flicks of the thumb to see them all. I DO think though that it’s important to have your collections in multiples of 6 so that it looks even: so have 6, 12, 18 collections etc, so that you have nice tidy rows!

I’d also say it’s important to name/create collections in a way that is helpful to shoppers - think about what they’d actually find useful when they’re searching through your shop.

1 Like