Looking for a Banner/business card package for my Folksy shop

Hello,
Does anyone know of a Banner/business card service package, or can recommend a service you have received from someone? I did read a post some time ago from a Folksy seller about someone from Facebook who does a very reasonable package and it looked professional, but as it was a while ago now it cannot be found.
I have checked the ones on Folksy, I just thought I’d ask on here too.

Hi, I had my banner done by Bonnita Moaby. I found her to be very reasonably priced (I think I paid something daft like £5 for my banner) and pretty quick with the work and she seemed to know just what I was looking for right from the get go. I don’t think she sells on Folksy any more but here is her FB page.

Good luck.

Liz
x

I had mine done by Lauren Cooper of Lollipop Designs - she used a photograph of one of my 1950s atomic fabrics to create a unique design which looks great on my Folksy shop and on my business cards and the price was very reasonable.

https://beta.folksy.com/shops/Lollipop

Ann

Oops that is the problem with having two shops on here - the banner Lauren designed for me is here

https://beta.folksy.com/shops/VintageVibe

Ann

Hello,
Thank you for your replies Liz and Ann, I shall take a look at those :slight_smile:
@lizdyson I took your advice from another topic regarding Facebook about creating a business page as I too don’t do much with my personal FB page as it takes up a lot of time, I’m finding it not too bad setting up etc and I find it quite user friendly, so thank you for that as I probably wouldn’t of even thought of doing it.
I did pop into your Fb shop to take a look, very professional, bright and cheerful :smiley:

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever inspired anyone to do anything before - makes me feel like a grown up (should do by now, I’m 48!!)
I just don’t “get” FB but I can see that there is merit in a business page and I do try and keep on top of my newsfeed, though I haven’t posted anything for a few days, so I’ve better get on with that. FB keeps giving me a message about my new page and I’m rubbish with change, so I keep avoiding it, though I think it will change anyway next month - oh, being a techo/social media dinosaur makes for a hard life.

Liz
x

Hi Liz,
I read the topic at just the right time because I have spent a week promoting myself, own website, Pinterest etc, and as I mentioned I had a personal account on Fb which was deactivated, activated…hehe so quite neglected, I didn’t even know you could create a business page on there without it costing, and I didn’t want to get on my friends nerves with business postings, so keeping it separate but not excluded is fab…wish I had done it sooner!
I have to agree with what you said about not getting Facebook, it’s ok if you have lots of time and friends to chit chat too, or involved in groups etc, and it’s good for those who love to use it.
Also, in that topic Twitter was talked about…hmm I actually made an account but I’m not sure yet, I think I need to read up a bit more on it and be a bit braver :-o
Have a good day.
Jenny

Now Twitter is something I really don’t get. But I pin everything from the daily listing thread on here and it automatically puts it on Twitter for me, so I look like I’m engaging, when in actual fact, I’m ignoring it completely.

Good luck with your shop and the promotions

Liz
x

Hey Liz,
Regarding Twitter…you lost me when you mentioned “pinned to daily listing thread” haha…that sounds very techy I would make a real hash of doing that!
I am determined to have a go though, I was slightly put off by it as I heard people make fun of you if you do it wrong.
Have a good day,
Jenny

Hi, Jenny, when I mentioned pinning, it is something that we do on the daily listing thread. When you go into someone’s item there is a Pin box and by clicking that you pin that item to a board you have previously made on the Pinterest website. Pinterest will give you the option of copying all your pins and putting them on your Twitter feed. I pin to boards on Pinterest just to get those items listed a few extra places which might help with google searches (I think? Not really sure) I’m not explaining this very well. I’ve heard people say that they can get lost in Pinterest for hours on end, but again, I just don’t get it. Fortunately, it’s not me that I’m trying to sell to, but the kind of people that DO understand and get something out of social media. As for getting it wrong, I don’t really think you can, can you? Just jump right in and give it a go.

Liz
x

Hi Liz,
I get what you mean now, I saw the option to link Twitter to Pinterest, I will give it a go even to satisfy my curiosity…hehe.
I’m liking Pinterest, I find the brilliant photographs a modern way of expressing yourself, but I wouldn’t spend all day on there, just a few minutes a day is enough for me.
I’m also liking the new Folksy forums now and glad it’s so user friendly :slight_smile:
Jenny