Looking for a good name for my shop

Hi i am looking for a good name for a art gallery and jewelery shop on Folksy it is abstract art and I sell cards as well any ideas? Best Gabrielle.

Hi @Bitsandbobsboutique when looking for a new shop title we usually look at a site to buy www. names I think its called 123reg . that way you can buy the www to match your shop but also see whats already taken.
Try some variations; abstract art, the art gallery, Gabby’s art .

1 Like

Gabby’s art gallery is quite nice. I sell diamond jewelery so not sure if it would go with that.Best Gabrielle.

How about ‘Gallery Gabrielle’

2 Likes

I tried India Jane as I decided to open a jewelery shop instead as I am not sure about my art. Will definatly think about Gallery Gabrielle though I love the GG.xx

Since you don’t appear to have a plus account how about separating out the art and jewellery into two separate shops each with their own unique identity and branding? Customers might get a bit confused if they find themselves looking at both diamond jewellery and abstract art in the same shop. You could then have India Jane for the jewellery and Gabby’s art gallery for the pictures/ cards.

1 Like

Yes I think that makes sence Sasha I thought about it am busy stocking up the shop with jewellery all rings now.
I find the listings nice and easy to use!

If you’ve got mixed items in your shop I’d go for a generic name, probably a variation of your own name would be best. The shorter the better so it’s easy to remember. If you go for something that covers art and jewellery, then find the art side really takes off and the jewellery bit gets left behind a bit you’re stuck with a name that implies you sell both. I’m just JoSara because I didn’t know for definite what I was going to end up selling, and I wanted an easy to remember name. I think I’m quite well known now for bird baths among crafters now, but i doesn’t matter that my shop name doesn’t say what I sell because all my title and descriptions will pick up a general internet searcher. Bit like Boots, the shop name doesn’t imply they’re a chemist, but they’d be the first ones you’d think of is asked for a chemist. Or Currys with electricals. Argos, for general house stuff. They’re just short memorable names.

And I agree with checking that the website is still available. There’s also a site where you can check for Twiiter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and all the other social media stuff you might want to set up under your shop name. This is it - https://www.namecheckr.com/

Good luck.

Jo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure how good a suggestion this is, but if your items are quite personal and channel your personality you could call your shop something like “That’s so Gabrielle” or “That’s so Gabi” or something like that.