Looking for help: how to feature or promote my jewelry

HI, I was wondering if anyone could help me. im trying to find the way how to feature or promote my jewelry, and cannot find it in any optiones…i work macrame, which is not very well known style in uk, so i kind of dont fit in many categories available. i would like to let people know about macrame and my shop…
thank you

I’ve had a look and I think you’ve already chosen the best category for it. Bracelets and bangles - everything else. I don’t think I’ve seen any jewellery made from macrame on here.

I had a look at your shop and I noticed quite a few typos in your descriptions, and the american spelling ‘jewelry’ rather than the English jewellery. It might be best to run a spell checker over things, it doesn’t look good if too many words are misspelt. Good luck!

Why do you say macrame isn’t well known in the UK? I can remember making macrame bracelets way back in the 60s and 70s!

Not many people make it now though and younger people might not remember it

Yup, I’m a dyeing breed!

Gosh a lot of kids where I live wear macramé bracelets. They often have beads incorporated in them. I saw loads down in Portsmouth the other weekend when we were down visiting friends.

Last year the girls were making them at the village youth group and giving them to the boys. Oh and as mobile phone charms.

Your titles need some work. You have to think what will someone type into a search box. Someone would put necklace into the search box or if they were just looking for macramé items they might put macramé necklace or necklace macramé.

You also need to be very careful about making claims that the stones can protect you from medical problems such as relieves headaches or such like. This can be seen as false advertising as it’s not be medically tested. You need to read up the Trades Descriptions Act.

Also be aware of Trademark/copyright issues. I think you’ll find you can’t use Mandala to advertise a necklace. Tribal necklace would be fine.

You have some pretty pieces

I love your photos - especially the modelled pieces. I have to agree about the descriptions. I think you may have to be careful about making claims on the healing properties of gems. You could say ‘reputed to have … properties’ or ’ is said to help with …’ or words to that effect. This could avoid any potential issues.

Macramé is quite well known here and as far as I know, very popular. I think you should do very well on Folksy.

I hope you do very well.

Best wishes,

Jacqueline x