Me and art

Hi lovely Folksy people
I am Myra and have been drawing and painting as long as I remember .I had originally wanted to have an art based career ,and got as far as an interview but became very disillusioned with it all ,and dropped out of school pre A levels
I’m pretty much self taught ,tho there is definitely an arty creative gene in my family My working life ,and bringing up a family gave me little opportunity to draw and paint ,but having taken early retirement a few years ago, woohoo ,time to follow my real love once again
So I am new to this ,tho did have a shop on Folksy selling handmade children’s clothing several years ago
Anyway this time I’m doing something totally different, and painting mostly in watercolour and ink and doing so several times a week. What do I do with all these paintings I thought ,and then an advert for Folksy popped up and I decided to go for it ….have done Etsy and became very disappointed with their changing fees and policies . I’ve had a couple of bits of advice from very helpful folksy people ,and intend to edit my current items ,before adding more .

Enjoy your day people
Myra
pocketfulofcolours

4 Likes

Hi Myra. Welcome to Folksy.
Did you realise you can just add a comment to your previous post, you don’t need to start a new one each time. .
Adding a comment knocks the topic up to the top again. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Myra, welcome to Folksy. Wishing you lots of luck. x

1 Like

Hi Joy,

Hope I don’t sound too stupid, but how do you add a comment to your own post?

1 Like

Lovely shop - I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hi lovely Folksy people
I am Myra and have been drawing and painting as long as I remember .I had originally wanted to have an art based career ,and got as far as an interview but became very disillusioned with it all ,and dropped out of school pre A levels
I’m pretty much self taught ,tho there is definitely an arty creative gene in my family My working life ,and bringing up a family gave me little opportunity to draw and paint ,but having taken early retirement a few years ago, woohoo ,time to follow my real love once again
So I am new to this ,tho did have a shop on Folksy selling handmade children’s clothing several years ago
Anyway this time I’m doing something totally different, and painting mostly in watercolour and ink and doing so several times a week. What do I do with all these paintings I thought ,and then an advert for Folksy popped up and I decided to go for it ….have done Etsy and became very disappointed with their changing fees and policies . I’ve had a couple of bits of advice from very helpful folksy people ,and intend to edit my current items ,before adding more .

Enjoy your day people
Myra
pocketfulofcolours
[

1 Like

Hello Fififoxi
Many thanks for your comments you’ve made my day ,and love your cards .Enjoy the rest of the day :blush:

2 Likes

You hit reply. You can do that in any topic either as a new unassociated to a previous comment reply or as a reply to a previous comment. Just as you did here :slight_smile:

I was realy just trying to explain to Myra that you don’t need to raise a new topic everytine you want to say something. You can build on a previous one :slight_smile: As she is new I thought she probably didnt realise that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lovely colourful work - your shop looks very pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! My brains fuzzy presently x

1 Like

Thankyou that’s really kind . I think your paintings are fab x
Enjoy your weekend

2 Likes

What do you mean presently. Mine is all the time : :rofl:
My eyes are even fuzzier today than my brain as had an injection in my left this morning. Sounds awful but it’s fine and anything to improve my otherwise good sight after I had a bleed in it a couple of months ago.

1 Like

welcome Myra…there is an original art page on the forums where you are welcome to show your art…good luck with sales x

1 Like

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Joy. Hope it improves. I’m recovering from shingles. Headaches and sore eyes. So its not nice and I feel about 95! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’m surprisingly relaxed about the injections. Had one a month now for 3 months and now I drop to every 6 weeks I think. First time they gave me some glutinous eye drops to which my eye responded badly and the effect of the drops was 4 times as bad as that to the tiny little jab. Bought myself something better from Tesco pharmacy and honestly so effective that I’ve just cut out two owls without any problem.
So if anyone else is told they need an eye injection. Just relax . All good. :slight_smile:

1 Like