Hello, I have just joined

Hello, I have just joined and set up a shop. I am not used to doing forums or blogs, but thought “why not give it a go!!” I love painting and have got a really passion for pastels. Does anyone else love this medium.? I would love to hear from you.
It would be nice to compare notes, as I am learning new stuff all the time. Jackie at Southfieldbarn art.

2 Likes

welcome to folksy/I am another artist and folksy is brilliant for us.
There is also a monthly art chat thread here where you are welcome to come and join us, show your work and chat about anything art related.
We are a lovely, friendly lot, so don’t be shy…come on over…
I spent many years, doing pastel portraits, but now mostly do watercolours or acrylics…
It doesn’t matter what medium you prefer, you are welcome…and any help you need is always available from the lovely people on here x

1 Like

Thanks very much, Brenda. I have viewed some of your lovely work already.
I am very excited about starting this new venture. Everyone is friendly, so I am
looking forward it all. Can you let me know please when the monthly art chat is?
Is it a set date each month?

Thanks alot. Jackie

it is there for the whole month…if you go to the threads now, I have just commented on it, so it should be near the top of the list…each month we start a new thread…anyone can start it, no one is in charge, we are all equal here…so the thread is there now and until the end of the month x

Hello and welcome Jackie :blush:
Folksy is a lovely place, I’ve just returned after a 6 month break (could be longer, time flies)

Hi Jackie
I sell art on Folksy too. I joined a couple of years ago but then stopped selling on there for a while. I started listing again a couple of months ago and paid for the folksy plus account, I’m doing promoting etc and hoping for a sale soon. Hope you do well with your art xx

Thanks very much for your welcome Stephanie. I love your paintings of Ormskirk. I am not sure where it is, but it looks like a pretty place. x

Thanks very much, Pamela. I looked at your shop, you have some lovely works.
So pretty. It always amazes me how many different styles of work are being produced. Good luck to you too! x

Welcome to lovely folksy , you will enjoy being on here.

Welcome to folksy Jackie, lovely work :slight_smile:

Welcome to Folksy - love the hare! :blush:

Welcome! You have a lovely shop :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, I am enjoying it already, such nice friendly people. I love your meadow paintings.

Thanks very much, everyone here has a real talent.:joy:

Thanks very much. I think I am going to enjoy being part of Folksy.
I love your teddy, so cute.

Thank you very much, I have lots to learn.

1 Like

Welcome Jackie

Thanks very much. I like your copper jewellery, it is a bit different

Thank you your shop is lovely i too love the Hare

1 Like

Hello. I love the cat. :blush: