Money missing from paypal

I sent a payment from my business paypal account to the one I use for paying for postage this morning, and it has totally disappeared! The transaction isn’t showing on either account and the only way I can see the money was ever there is by adding up the totals in my activity! I’ve contacted paypal and I’m waiting for them to get back to me. But has anyone ever had anything like this happen? I’m really rather worried because if the money had been pinched by an unscrupulous hacker at least there’d be a record of the transaction for me to start a case from. But there is nothing, just a £16 discrepancy in my balance totals.
I know I have to let paypal sort it out, I just wanted to know if it’s happened to anyone else?
Donna x

Its never happened to me however I have found paypal really fair to deal with so hope you get it sorted out

1 Like

I hope you get it sorted it’s not nice when you loose money no matter if it’s big or small.

1 Like

I’ve used paypal for years and never had anything like this happen. I’ve been running all sorts of virus scans on my laptop just incase! But it hasn’t forund anything so it must be a glitch at their end :cry:

They’ve been having problems - it’s all over the Etsy forums - and lots of people are reporting missing payments/transactions. Paypal are working on it and the money should show soon.

2 Likes

I know some paypal issues were being highlighted on other websites yesterday.

I was in the process of writing out a similar paypal issue I’ve had today with my Folksy fees but it has just resolved itself in front of my eyes - might be worth checking now.

Alison

1 Like

i bought something online this morning using paypal and it took about few hours for a receipt from paypal (usually i get one immediately) - i was just thinking perhaps they are having problems and things are slow today - ?

1 Like

My money is back! :smile: Thank you for all your answers everyone. It’s good to know it’s not just me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad you’ve got your money back Donna :blush:

Karen

1 Like

I’ve just sold a hat which the I’m taking to my customer tomorrow as we are going out to lunch but the payment isn’t showing in my paypal account yet. I have a feeling I will have to look again in a couple of hours.

ugg no I’ve been paid twice now as my customer/friend didn’t think her payment went through so she sent a second payment via paypal one on the folksy invoice the other via friends and family option. I’ll have to let her know and refund the friends and family option.

I had 3 transactions behave like this late last night, but they appeared by the time I had woken up in the morning.
I do know from experience that paypal perform updates to the site at weekends…usually in the wee hours and as such payments sent/received are not instantly viewable.
But they usually show up again some hours later.

Christine