Paypal issue with payment

Is anyone else having a problem with Paypal?
I have had notification of a sale from Folksy, and the confirmation of payment from Paypal, but when I check my Paypal account the payment isn’t there.
It was fine in the early hours of this morning when I had a sale…

I just had a look to see if my PayPal is behaving , and I see on my dashboard a Withheld amount, rolling reserve. Never seen this before, and have always been able to withdraw all funds in the past.( even yesterday)
Can anyone shed a light on this?
My sales money seems to be in the account…however they weren’t Folksy sales , so that may not help answer your question Kim.

1 Like

I have spoken to Paypal and they can see that my customer has paid, but for some reason it’s not showing up when I log in. They suggested I try a different browser or device…well, I’ve tried 2 computers and 3 browsers with no joy. I’ve just installed the app on my phone and it’s still not showing. They only other thing they thought it might be is the website has a problem and isn’t updating so they are looking in to it.
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve just had a sale and I’m having exactly the same problem Kim! I’ve received the e-mail from Folksy and from PayPal but the payment is not showing in my PayPal account. I’ve checked via the laptop and via the app on my phone. I suppose I’d better phone them now. It’s obviously not your browser!!

My sale at 14.25 went through no problem. Money is in my paypal account.

Oh no, sorry you are having the same problem, although it’s a relief to know it’s not just me…let me know how you get on.

Thanks Joy…the sale that isn’t showing in Paypal was at 15.55. I had one earlier this morning and there is no problem with that one, that is showing in Paypal as my latest transaction.

Is this me, haha :joy:I’m trouble you know.
The transaction details aren’t showing on my side either, but the total has been subtracted from my available balance… that probably doesn’t help!

1 Like

Haha, yes it’s you Sarah :joy: There’s obviously a problem at PayPal. I’ve phoned them and I’ve been on hold for 1 hour and 10 mins so far (good job it’s a free call)!! I wonder if they’re being inundated with similar calls!!

I’ll be posting your item to you tomorrow anyway because I know it’s not an issue with your payment. I just want to get things straightened out with PayPal so that no future sales are affected (and so that they believe Kim that it’s not her browser!!)

How did you contact them Kim? I’ve phoned and they told me there’d be a wait time of 21-31 minutes. 1 hour and 16 minutes later and I’m still on hold!!! I’ll hang on a bit longer but then I’ll have to give up and go to bed.

I’m in no rush, posting can wait ‘til they sort it :joy:

I read a old Paypal forum post saying it’s a glitch in the coding and it took two days to sort that particular time. Eek.

1 Like

Thanks Helen…it’s frustrating though isn’t it.
That’s a long wait! My wait was 6 minutes…which makes me think they may be getting a lot of calls all of a sudden, either that or there may be less people manning the phones now.
My customer is new to me, not registered with Folksy, so not happy to post out until I see the money in Paypal. I have contacted her though so she is aware there is an issue. She is ok with it as long as I keep hold of the bag she wants, which I’m happy to do.

2 Likes

I went through their ‘contact us’ link from my account. I got a ‘one off’ code I had to key in to the phone when I called them. I waited about 6 minutes.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve done too. I wonder what their opening hours are? It’s getting silly now - 1 hour and 26 minutes!! (and their hold music is driving me nuts!!!) I could get up with hubby at 5am instead of 6 like I normally do but I don’t know if they’d be open at that time. So annoying!

I really don’t mind posting it anyway Sarah. I know it’s not you that’s the issue :joy:

Thanks so much for the order by the way. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just checked on the website and they closed ages ago but they left me on hold!!! Not a happy bunny!!! :rage: Aaaaaaghhh

That’s not good. :disappointed_relieved:

I have just been back in to my Paypal account and gone into the Statements section. I did an activity report for today and the payment is showing on there…but not on my main account page. Maybe it is just an update problem.

All is well this morning, the payment is now showing in Paypal so it seems there was just an update issue.

1 Like

Yes, mine’s showing up this morning too. Thank goodness I haven’t got to phone again after last night’s fiasco!!

1 Like