Monthly Art Chat - February 2016

My broadband’s been down most of the afternoon and I’m kind of expecting it to glitch out again - BT are having major issues apparently.

Here’s one I listed this morning, inspired by ancient Scottish rock art.

3 Likes

Nice work ladies :slightly_smiling:
Sorry about your broadband problems, it usually happens when you want to use it for something useful!

I made a quick piece for a protect against planned cuts to the arts fund in the county of Gwynedd, North Wales this morning.
The campaign has a slogan ‘sgrech gwynedd’/ ‘Gwynedd scream’ and is inspired by ‘The Scream’ so artists have been encouraged to create a scream.
Here’s my scream!

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve been wanting to come back on here to look and comment but my headache got the better of me. Back to bed shortly I think.

So pleased to see lots more beautiful art on here. After feeling a little sad that January’s thread was quiet, February’s thread has had a nice little boost :slight_smile:

Max, sounds like you had a nice morning preparing for the exhibition then lunch out.

Congrats on your articles Stephie, I’ll have to have a peek at your blog soon.

Beautiful tree scene Tina, so detailed.

I think Sara’s mini scene looks beautifully atmospheric.

Lowri, I’m enjoying seeing your encapsulated pieces, your girls look fab ‘framed’ in the oval settings. Love them, you’re on a roll with the new pieces.

3 Likes

Love it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning, waving hi to everyone :wave: that’s fab Lowri, so sad to hear of more cuts in the arts funds good luck with the campaign.

Fantasitc colours Stephie, love it! hope BT have sorted the problems, I’m on BT and we do get a lot of ‘drop-out’ though it’s usually only in short bursts

Hope you feel better today Hazel, nothing worse than a headache, I can sympathise as a fellow sufferer

some crocus today, lots of these out around by us already (all except mine that is :frowning:, I think the bulbs got wet)

3 Likes

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I’m really enjoying using ‘frames’, they help make my girls pop. :slightly_smiling:
Lovely florals Max <3

Morning! Bit wet here today.

Earlier this week I bought the new Cass Art professional watercolour sketch box. It is super cute, with 18 quarter pans of very creamy and vibrant paints. The best part is how small the set is. They don’t sell refills but that’s OK, when the paints run out I’ll just fill them up with my trusty Winsor and Newton professional paints.

So far I’d say they were a pretty good buy, although even with a good knowledge of colour theory I’m going to need to play around with the colours to find out what they will and won’t do.

Here’s my first listing using them:

2 Likes

That’s one beautiful bird<3

1 Like

Good morning just popped in to wave hi :wave:, lovely Bird Stephie and I saw your paints on FB they look like really intense colours. Off to Wrexham today 7 hour round trip for a few hours meeting, but at least I get to go on the tain and look at the lovely countryside :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just realised I haven’t shown those new paints on here! I wrote a review of them on my blog:

and here are the paints themselves

2 Likes

I’ll have a read if your post later Steph :slightly_smiling:

Currently working on more ideas, I’m going to start some Gobby Welsh girls. An alternative take on the Welsh lady.

3 Likes

Love her, she’s fab!

1 Like

she’s fab Lowri, sorry no time at the moment been just finished my business plan, put together my brochures for workshops and getting stuff ready for exhibition, all done and back to work today! will read your blog when I have time Stephie, not done my crafters blog this week yet it may have to wait until the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely work and it’s not yet the middle of the month! Here’s my finished barn owl aceo; thoroughly enjoyed painting all the beautiful feathers! Have a great week everyone!

4 Likes

Gorgeous details on that owl, Im still amazed at the detail people can put into such tiny pieces <3

Thanks for the nice comments too :slightly_smiling:
I’ve been busy trying to put together some more pieces. I have a few little ones I’ve finished.

Merch Cymraeg/ Welsh Girl
This one has digital text on it- I’d love to use my Vintage Letraset but I’m running out so have had to scan the sheets and use them as I would, but digitally. Not quite as effective but better than running out all together!

Cake Eaters

1 Like

I was going to do a unicorn on canvas as the one I had has sold, but decided to do one on wood instead…

I was thinking of doing a line drawing and getting it printed, I can then paint it up in different colours.

4 Likes

Oo it’s so pretty :smiley:
The painting is really nice with the grain of the wood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I like painting on wood… but it’s a bit difficult to get it to go through my printer Hahaha.
I love seeing your girls, the Welsh ones are lovely, you’ll have to get some done for St Davids Day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to message you a tip. :slight_smile:

Oooh tips, I like those. Care to share here?