Monthly Art Chat - September

morning all, glad your Mum is feeling okay Margaret and good luck with the stiching that’s a stunning piece. Waving hi to everyone, bit short on time at the mo too, lot of work on at home and in the day job.

That is beautiful Brenda, great colours.

well done on the sales Hazel, I’ve not had time to promote or list this week over there, but I have Monday off next week so will sort some more pictures and list in draft, seems to be going well for me too.

That’s annoying about the bike Stephie, hope they sort it for you and that things settle soon :smiley:

Hi Pam :smile:

Morning Max, …morning all…dark now when I get up…just getting light now…not cold though. Back later…waving to everyone…

That’s good news Max - hope you get to list more soon :slight_smile: as I say it’s such a shame folksy is so slow I’ll keep going til next year when the plus account ends but can’t keep on paying out for no return - plus I put a lot of work into promoting and it feels like s waste of time for here !!!

I know there are threads about this and I’m still plugging folksy on Twitter and FB but I’m sure folksy could do more but I guess it gets it’s fees and is happy with that !!! but I am getting fed up with the lack of sales here though !!! And it’s not as of Art In Wax isn’t selling elsewhere or I might be worried !

Hope you get the bike sorted Stephie.

Morning Brenda, it’s a bit dark in the mornings for me now too. I had my lights on driving to work this morning.

Hazel I hope things pick up for you soon. I admit I don’t shop on Folksy very much any more but that’s probably because I already have all the jewellery/art/handbags and purses I could possibly want!lol

I agree with you Hazel, for the first time since I opened my folksy shop, I am out of pocket this month…I wish I knew the answer, I have tried promoting on fb and with flyers etc etc but it doesn’t improve. I am thankful for the auction site as that keeps me afloat…(although I have to let my paintings go for a pittance on there…but money is money).
Even on the other side it has been bad for me for two months…so it must be a general thing with people not spending…
We can just keep going and hoping.
I do all the threads that I can…sigh…
Waving Margaret…at least in a few weeks the clocks will go back and it will be light again for a few more weeks.

Hi Margaret … yes it is getting that way for me too as a shopper, I have some lovely things, jewellery, bags etc but as a seller folksy needs to sell for me or its not worth my time,

I don’t do the bay as it just didn’t feel profitable, but my art is selling on Etsy and Facebook and my own site :slight_smile: I will keep adding new items here until my plus account ends, but how can you go from selling 20 paintings in january or 15 in April and being on the best sellers list in and between to nothing in September and only 5 in August !!!

Sorry for the moan everyone its just so frustrating … I might even be moving some of my stock to Etsy today as I have been painting mini versions of my Lady’s as they sold over there and I might list them as a set …

I wish I did too brenda :smile:

I think I need cake !!!

I’m on my way Hazel. the mention of cake is good enough for me…I know the way…I used to live in London, so drove to Southend many times

The kettles on brenda, I’ll pop to waitrose for cake, be ready when you get here :wink:

These are the new miniatures I painted today …

2 Likes

Those ladies are so pretty Hazel :smile:

I do a lot of shopping on Ebay these days, I’m still supporting independent sellers and I only buy from the UK. There’s a lot of art for sale there from a massive variety of artists (not that I buy art nowadays I have so much already)and I can pick up art supplies and craft/needlework supplies at bargain prices either from people having a clear out of unwanted stuff or independent business sellers. Either way, it suits me fine :smile:

I have given a great deal of business to Folksy over the years, but now my buying from here is tailing off. Sorry folks.

1 Like

It’s not your fault Margaret, please don’t feel like you are to blame!

I’ve just reopened my shop on the other side, it’s only got one item in it so far but I’ll follow Brenda’s lead and list something every day. It won’t cost too much to try it out again, and as you say Hazel, to go from 20 sales per month to 1 sale per month simply isn’t funny! I’m joining a few miniature teams and will see how it goes.

Right, off to pick up the car from the garage and then tackle that bicylce trader…see you later, hopefully I’ll be in in a good mood…

Glad you like the Ladies Margaret … I’m just about to move them to Etsy :slight_smile:

I know what you mean about Ebay I buy there have picked up some nice miniatures … for The Gallery etc. I think Folksy as a place has not moved forward and we all have … I’ll keep stocked here as it doesn’t cost me anything but some days it just feels pointless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got to keep all your options open I think Stephie :slight_smile: and I agree the odd sale now and then isn’t funny and isn’t fun either … painting is my hobby / past time whatever you want to call it and if I never sold another picture again I would still paint … BUT and thats a BIG but, part of the fun is the selling … I love the buzz when someone wants something I’ve created and we all put a lot of effort into the selling part don’t we, photographing, listing, promoting our work so it needs to be working for us … plus that be honest the “pennies” are nice too :slight_smile:

Off to transfer my larger ladies to Etsy as sets with the minis …

Catch you all later

Hazel

1 Like

Margaret we are ALL grateful for the items you have bought and without you we wouldn’t have been able to have such a lovely friend to chat with…so we love you
I think I will cut from daily to one a week on here and do daily on the other side…it is also much cheaper over there…
Like you Stephie, I will always paint…and hope…
Off out to meet our 3 new doctors at our surgery…(which is hilarious really because in 18 years I haven’t been to the doctor so I have no idea what the OLD ones looked like)…ha ha…but hubby wants to meet them…they are holding a meet and greet session tonight…

1 Like

Afternoon ya all, ooh I’ll look out for you over there Stephie,

Enjoy the meet and greet Brenda, maybe you need to take some art to cheer up the waiting room lol!

I know what you mean Margaret, and also the high quality of handmade means things I buy last longer so don’t need replacing hence I spend less on here too.

My lovely daughter is planning a jewellery party for me next month so hopefully I’ll get some jewellery sales, art and books are my main sales at the moment, so far it’s about even sales wise here and there for me last month, but I really need to add more stock over there.

I know what your saying Hazel, I went from 30 sales earlier this year down to 14 last month and 13 this month a significant drop

James has replied to another thread in this subject if you all want to hear what he has to say

New month tomorrow so see you all on a new thread

Hazel

See you all on the October thread! :smile:

I have dropped to 2 sales in 2 months never known it so bad…off to find the other thread Hazel…what is the title of it?..(in case I can’t find it)

Hi I can’t find the Oct link. Please could someone put the link on here.

It’s here, it was in Showcase, but I’ve moved it to Craft Talk