New beginning, new me, new shop

Hi
I have been away from Folksy for a few years as my son has been unwell. This gave me time to rethink my life, my work and how I move forward.
So here I am with stabilisers on… bit wobbly about putting myself back out here…
and completely no idea how to wobble about on here, so I am trying stuff out, so please bare with…
I was wondering if anyone had time if you wouldn’t mind having a little look at my shop x
and also can anyone tell me the size for shop banner so i can put one on here please…
hope you are all having a good day.
Thanks in advance
Claire

1 Like

Hi Claire

I’ve just had a little nosy at your shop and it’s looking fab.

I see you managed to sort your banner out :blush:
I’ve copied and pasted this info from the help section if you were still trying to work out the perfect size…

:arrow_forward: If you want to create your own banner in a graphics package, the image needs to be 978 pixels wide, and up to 200 pixels tall (minimum of 85 pixels tall). The file should be saved as a JPG or PNG file. MS Publisher files are not a supported format. We recommend creating a nice, clean, simple graphic banner as this is the key visual element to your shop.

If you upload an image that is larger than 978px x 200px it will be automatically reduced to fit 978 pixels wide and cropped centrally to fit 200 pixels in height. This means that you can use any image you like, e.g. a product photograph :arrow_backward:

Wishing you all the best

Karen

Oh yes I nearly forgot to say…

I noticed you have a plus account.

If you take a peek at my shop layout you will see I have a featured items section at the top of my shop. Like a little showcase area…

You have access to this too if you have a plus account.

I think if I remember right…
Go to your dashboard and select shop keeping from the menu.

You will see an option to Feature next to each listing…
You can click or unclick at anytime and choose what you’d like folks to see when they visit your shop.
There’s even space to write abit about your item.

Have fun

Karen

Hi
I have been away from Folksy for a few years as my son has been unwell. This gave me time to rethink my life, my work and how I move forward.
So here I am with stabilisers on… bit wobbly about putting myself back out here…
and completely no idea how to wobble about on here, so I am trying stuff out, so please bare with…
I was wondering if anyone had time if you wouldn’t mind having a little look at my shop x
and also can anyone tell me the size for shop banner so i can put one on here please…
hope you are all having a good day.
Thanks in advance
Claire

Banner details can be found here - https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/57278-creating-a-banner-and-profile-picture-avatar
With respect to your descriptions - google (and other search bots) deem the first 2 paragraphs as the most important and if they don’t find what they are looking for move on to the next page so it is worth having key phrases in those. At the moment your descriptions are very broken up and to pick on a listing the first 2 paras are:

Who has those days? You listen to people moaning or you end up doing something you don’t want too?

A fabulous piece of wall art to decorate any wall, in fact almost anywhere.

I wouldn’t have a clue what the item looks like I were a search bot based on those. The advice I was given was to describe the item as if to a blind person (bots can’t see the photos) making sure to include info about colours and textures as well as overall subject. (the blog guides to writing descriptions can be found here http://blog.folksy.com/category/seller-tips/product-listing-tips)
Sorry if the stabilisers are now feeling a bit shaky.
Sasha

Awwww thank you Karen… you are a legend…

I bimbling about and trying to work it out…

bless you for replying and helping me and bless you for taking a look at my shop…
have a great evening
thank you
claire

1 Like

amazing Sasha
Thank you so much
I will get on to that over the next few days
you are absolutely right…
Ahhh the stabilisers will come with fabulous help from lovely people like you
thank you for taking the time to reply
really grateful
bless you