New Changes! Creating a user name on your Facebook page

I wonder if there’s something u need to tweak in your settings @KBCreations

I agree with you… If you set the page up then you are admin.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at my settings…but don’t know what to tweak! It’s a mystery…if it said I was not eligible…then gave me a reason I would stand a chance…:confused:

1 Like

Do you mean this @karenscraftybitz.

Mine has @Paulinescrafts underneath.

1 Like

Mine got added automatically for my business page, but my charity page name had already been take, so I had to find one for that, and my bunny’s page got given one automatically, but I need to change it, and can’t see how to do it. It tells me I can change it on the page info section, but I can’t see how - grrrr!

1 Like

Me and Facebook are long time foes lol.

My group is awesome, my like page is horrible. I don’t even try on it any more since my posts don’t reach anyone anyway lol

1 Like

I think I may have been lucky, it looks like mine has changed automatically! Don’t have a clue what its all about though!!!

1 Like

Mine has changed automatically. I don’t really know what it’s all about either. I’m not sure I’d have even noticed if I hadn’t read this thread and gone on fb to check it!

1 Like

Ditto!! I see it on my banner but not a clue why!!!???

2 Likes

Yes Pauline that’s the one @PaulinesCrafts
Your page is looking fab :blush:

I’m unsure what it’s all about too @GoRadLou Maybe it’s another way of controlling our reach. I think it’s all about paying for promotion these days sadly :disappointed:
I never saw the glorious Facebook days for selling crafts. It must be hard for people who did so well back then.
I’m sure folks who have built up a good customer base and have lots of activity going on on their pages still have good sales.
For me Facebook hasn’t really been that useful so far, and now with this username faff I doubt it ever will.
I think it’s my OCD making me feel grouchy about it. My page will look silly if my username can’t match or have any relevance.

2 Likes

That’s really annoying @karenscraftybitz :frowning:
How very confusing! Mine had changed British Crafters over but not Dottie Designs and I panicked as other people have set up since I have with the same name. Luckily it was incorrectly my user name so unavailable for nabbing and I managed to swap them over! Phew & thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is confusing - my page still says Heidi Meier Textiles, and underneath in the banner it says Artist. My url is the ‘old’ name Textile Treasures, which I left when I changed the page heading, as I thought that was easier for people to remember/ spell than Heidi Meier. Hope I did the right thing back then… :confused:

1 Like

hi -

you should have the @… under the heidi meier textiles.

mine actually no longer says the ‘small business’ bit (where your says ‘artist’) underneath now i look at it and has been replaced by @sallyandthefreckles. the ‘small business’ text has been moved to left hand column of page.

it is confusing really why people’s pages are different.

1 Like

I am useless at this sort of thing but luckily mine seems to have updated itself.

Mine seems to have updated itself too - I didn’t do anything. I wish FB would stop changing things all the time though!

1 Like