Folksy Ltd

New entry here

(annaiazzetta) #1

Hi all…just arrived here… Been thinking on this for over a month now… Any suggestion and help will be much appreciated. Only 2 items in my shop, at the moment. But I am working on few other thing.
Thank you for taking the time to read me.
Have all a good evening!
Anna

1 Like
(Eileens Craft Studio) #2

We can help at the moment as you don’t have the clickable link to your shop either next to your forum name or in your post.

(Jacqueline Ostrowka) #3

In the top right corner you should see where it says log in, this should log you into the forums and hopefully (not 100% sure ) should show you shop link next to your name :slight_smile:

(annaiazzetta) #4

Sorry, I really don’t know how to do it…:persevere:

(annaiazzetta) #5

Thank you! I tried without success… Will try again tomorrow.
Anna

(Jan Ryan) #6

Hi Anna, welcome to Folksy, it’s been a while since I set my profile, I know there is some way of putting your shop link in but I can’t remember how!!! I’m not much help am I ???

Hopefully someone will come along and walk you through the steps. If I can find how you do it I’ll pop back. :slight_smile:

(annaiazzetta) #7

Thank you! Technology is not my best friend

(Jan Ryan) #8

Yay you managed it :slight_smile: It will get easier with plenty of breaks and lots of coffee x

(annaiazzetta) #9

I did it!!! Probably just by mistakes!!! Thank you so much to everyone!!!

1 Like
(JollySmall) #10

Welcome to Folksy :grinning:

(annaiazzetta) #11

Thank you!!!

(Julie Maginn) #12

Hi there, welcome to Folksy!! I have to say I really like your work and have favourited everything so far! It’s nice to see some new home décor things I can see you have put a lot of work in it’s a style I really love and enjoy working with MDF myself.
Can I suggest a couple of things. Firstly, like probably all of us at some point, you have fallen foul of Folksy’s photo cropping. Before you upload your photo you need to crop it to be square, if you don’t on the shop front page you will lose the sides. This photo is the one that has to grab everyone’s attention so needs to show the whole product… Also if you can a more neutral background certainly for your first 2 items. Things in the room behind your image tend to be distracting, Your 3rd image is better! There are lots of tips in Folksy’s blog about photography:
http://blog.folksy.com/category/seller-tips/handmade-photography-tips

I would also make a lot more of your descriptions. Include some of your methods, talk about materials used, time spent etc, really explain to someone how it is made. I can see the work involved but a non crafter might not. You need to use your tags too. These are key words that people searching might use to find your products. Without them your products might not get seen, more to read on Folksy’s blog!! http://blog.folksy.com/2015/06/18/how-to-use-tags-on-folksy

And definitely fill in your meet the maker section. It always helps to know a little about the person making the things, Gives you a personality and adds confidence to customers.

I think you have a lovely shop just a little tweaking to do!! Good luck. x

(annaiazzetta) #13

Hi Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to write all those tips and suggestions. And sorry for the late reply.
I really appreciate your help.
To be honest, I haven’t had the time to have a proper look at everything. Also, let’s not forget, that technology is not my best friend!
Thank you for liking my items and for your support.
I’d like to have time to make more, but at the moment is a very busy time at work with 2 staff members on holidays.
Anyway more than sure that things are going to chance soon, giving me the opportunity to make a lot and be more present.
Thank you very much for everything!
( I love all your items!)
Have a wonderful day.
Regards
Anna

1 Like