New store, help

Hi all. Really new to this site and this forum thing is all a bit confusing for a technophobe like me. lol Just saying hi really and maybe lookinfg for some feedback from the store I have been setting up.https://folksy.com/shops/PaulsJewels Thanks all in advance.

Hi @PaulsJewels and welcome to Folksy, just popped into your shop love your piggy banks. Wishing you much success with your shop. Hazel

Welcome to Folksy Paul, you’ve some lovely items in your shop, wishing you every success! :slight_smile:

Hi Paul, love your bracelets. I favourited your shop a couple of days ago. Welcome to the forum, good luck!

Wish you all the best Paul! I’m new here too :slight_smile:

Welcome to folksy, love the origami bows.

Thanks all for the favourites. I will be adding loads more stock slowly but surely. I will look through all your shops and fav some bits too :slight_smile: Is there any way to see who favourites things @Louisa15

Welcome to Folksy. All the best with your shop :smiley:

Karen

I don’t know Paul, I’m not a seller myself, but I think someone once told me they can’t. Maybe one of the other sellers could confirm whether they can see who favourites things?

Hi Paul.

Welcome to Folksy!

If you want to see who has ‘favourited’ your shop, go to your dashboard, scroll down the side bar on the left and under ‘activity’ there is a link called ‘Who favourites your shop’.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @PaulsJewels Welcome to Folksy! I love your rose necklace!
Please don’t take this the wrong way- but your photos appear to have been taken on a floor (due to the tiles-my parents have the same tiles in their kitchen, which may be why I noticed). While it doesn’t bother me, there was a discussion on the forum a little while back about where people take photos, and the overall opinion I got was that people would be put off buying items if they knew that had been sitting on someone’s floor.
Like I say- I’m not fussed, but maybe something to think about in future- adding a pretty but neutral board of some kind between the item & the floor- I’m assuming the light is good for taking photos in that particular area. :blush:

Anyway- good luck with it all!! I’m sure you’ll do great- just remember you have to promote like it’s nobodies business! Haha something I’m really bad at lately! Oops!! :blush:

@folksycontent Thanks found it so simple when you know how lol
@curiousseagull. Hmmm I see your point. It is actually flooring but never used. I brought lots of wall and floor tile samples as i liked the effect they added to photos. Never considered the ewww gross its been on the floor aspect. PANTS!

I’ve made a corner in my sewing room out of box canvases and I take my pictures in there - nice white background. Welcome to Folksy.

Hi Paul,
welcome to folksy. This is my standard piece of advice to newbies as someone had to point it out to me when I was starting out - folksy crops photos to square on your shop front and in search results so if possible make sure that your first/ main image is square to avoid accidental chopping off of bits of the item. If you use picasa to edit your photos then they have a ‘cd cover’ option which crops it to square you just have to resize and centre the item. I find it beneficial to search within folksy for my type of item to see how my photography compares to others - you could try searching for ‘memory wire bracelet’ to see what your competition is up to.
Sasha

1 Like

Haha oops! I like the effect too- but some people may just assume it’s on the actual floor. Haha
Can you maybe try taking the photos using the same tiles but where you can’t see the join? So you still get the look you’re after? Not sure if that will work- just an idea.
Although- at the same time- people may not be put off at all- after all, it was just a discussion amongst a few people on the forum. Time will tell I guess! :blush:

1 Like

Hi and welcome - good luck with your shop! :smile:

hi there,
welcome to folksy. overall your shop looks good but i was thinking the same thing about the photos being taken on the floor - but didn’t want to offend you. I i was also however thinking that perhpas you had just used some tiles maybe like u said - the coour of the tiles look good though as a backgound :smile:
best of luck with your shop.

also - perhaps write a little about yourself so customers can get to know you and your work. you can do this in the profile section of your dashboard.

Me too! The origami bows are gorgeous.

Welcome

I did think that about your picture as well it is hard to find the correct background. Old shelf or oil cloth is good.

Love your piggy banks :grin: