New & Looking For Advice/Shop Critique Please :)

Hi everyone, i’m Katie and i’m brand new to Folksy as of a few days ago!

I’m still getting the hang of Folksy and wondered if any of you could share some advice or maybe even critique my shop? https://folksy.com/shops/WOOPJewellery

I’m adding listings daily as everything i’ve read suggests doing this regularly, but would I be best starting off with a much fuller shop? I’m also using it as an exercise in refining my brand voice as I have a tendency to be quite dry! How do you think this comes across - fun, friendly or a bit awkward??

Also, can anyone help me understand how Favourites work? Are they public or private and do they impact in any way on listing visibility?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to Folksy, WOOP Jewellery
All the best Julie&Adrian

Looking great, clear descpitions and pictures, love your style too. Good luck :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Welcome to the folksy family!
Favouriting a shop is just a way of bookmarking a store that you like and would possibly want to visit to buy from in the future… It’s a reciprocal thing, and other shop owners usually return the favour (although this is not a must on their part) as far as I am aware it has no real impact on you listing.

In addition it can help you to be more visual in the way that customers who view the shops who have marked you as a favourite, can in turn click onto your profile and be taken to your shop, which could possibly convert into a sale.

Hope the above helps.

Christine

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you, that really clears things up. I’m used to Etsy so got myself a little confused :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Also, if you favourite an individual piece of someones work, there is the chance that it will get its 15 mins of fame on the Folksy front page as “recent activity”. That’s why a lot of forum threads encourage people to favourite one anothers work. It prompts you to look at each others shops (which is always good,) but can result in that work getting some short term publicity.

1 Like

Thank you for this, I enjoy looking at other peoples work and adding new favourites so it’s nice to know it makes a bit of difference for the seller :slight_smile:

1 Like