New seller - Any advice welcome!

Your shop looks good so far, great photos on your items and I found your about section really interesting to read.

A few ideas…
On your pumpkin candles I see you have different colour options. I think for that one it’s quite obvious, but depending on your colours, it might not always be, so it might help to add a photo that shows each candle colour next to the name of the colour that will be in the options.

I also notice you don’t have “pumpkin” as a tag (although it’s included in some longer tags). Pumpkin is a theme of the day later this month so it’d be good to include.
If you haven’t seen about theme of the day yet, there’s a section on the home page called “theme of the day”, which shows a random 8 items based on the day’s theme, and every time you refresh the page, a different selection will show up (there’s also a button to see all items on the theme).
Items get included by having a tag that exactly matches that day’s tag. You’ll find a list of the upcoming themes on your dashboard (Folksy - Sign in on Folksy), and you’ll see on each day there’s the name of the theme and the tag. The tag is the one you pay attention to, if any of your items are relevant to a particular tag, you can add that to your item so it’ll have a chance of showing on the front page on that day. You have to put the tag exactly as it shows in that list, for example if it says “pumpkin” and your tag says “pumpkins”, the item won’t be picked up for the section, and just make sure you only use it on things that fit the theme.

As a few people have mentioned promotion, I can see you’ve got an Instagram page and already included your Folksy shop link which is great. Another thing you can do is use more hashtags on Instagram, there are some Folksy specific ones which can help Folksy users find your posts.
Generic ones like #folksy, #folksyseller #newonfolksy.
You can use #folksythemeoftheday if you’re posting something that fits with that day’s theme.
One for sellers in your area - #folksylocalwales (there’s also a page you can follow - Folksy Local Wales (@folksywales) • Instagram photos and videos)
#folksyfriday is often used for promoting Folksy in general (a lot of people use it for collage boards as described here: Promoting Folksy)

Good luck with your new shop!

3 Likes