New to twitter, tweet advice please?

Hi, I’m quite new to twitter and I know how to tweet for myself and add images but if I want to share someone else’s listing and I click the twitter button (beside facebook and pinterest) it does share the link but it doesn’t show a photo. It would be better to show a picture as many people wouldn’t click on a link without an image?
Am I doing something wrong? ie- I’m doing the daily listing thread and am happily tweeting but I think it would be more effective with a photo?

I’m having the same problem Claire @kernowclaire, and think the same as you much better with a photo. Would be interested to know too
Jac x

Hi, I hope this helps @kernowclaire I’ve tweeted one of your items from Folksy page ( hope that’s right) using a tablet, by saving your pic first (like when we tweet my own). It does show photo but in does tweet under my logo etc, if that’s what you wanted. Anyway, hope that helps! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Claire and Tina
I use buffer, the free version, it’s easy to share a clickable, linked picture, just link it o your twitter account, find what you want on the net and it will say ^Share image* in the corner of the picture, click that and you get an option of share now, next or add to schedule, here is the link if you would like to take a look https://buffer.com/
Hope that helps
Jax x

1 Like

Thanks @JacquelineOJewellery, will take a look! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t do the pinned at the top on my twitter account, is it due to which app I use?

Thanks I will have a go with that later (at work at the mo) I’ll let u know what happens x

1 Like

Thanks I shall have a go later on. Didn’t think about saving image, thanks for your help x

Fantastic, that works great once I worked it all out. Thanks very much for your help.

1 Like

Hi, I found the buffer.com has worked really well. Takes a minute to work it all out but it does add a photo which is definitely advertising the items more. You can also get them ready to tweet at certain times of the day which is great when I’m at work. Well worth a try.

2 Likes

Hi Claire glad the buffer.com helped, I know there are other ways out there but i like the ease of buffer so an easy one to recommend :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Thanks @kernowclaire & @JacquelineOJewellery i’ll take a look …would be def handy to tweet at scheduled times too. :smile:

Hoping it’ll work on pc as i don’t use my phone, no signal in the fens
Thanks everyone for your advice :smiley:
Jac x

1 Like