Twitter question

Hi all
I am a Twitter dummy - I mainly use Instagram but I do have a Twitter which I use occasionally. I’ve noticed that if I post a photo of one of my items it gets loads more views & interactions than if I post a URL link to one of my items.

For example I posted a photo a few weeks ago which got about 1900 impressions but the link to the same item only got about 80!

Is there a reason or am I doing something wrong…? I’d rather post the link cos then it’s easier for people to click through (& hopefully buy) but would obvs like it to get as many views.

Does that make sense and can anyone help…?

Thanks!

Best results generally are from posting a photo with an accompanying link and associated # :slight_smile:

Shout if you need help doing this!

Did/ do you see an increase in your ‘misc’ traffic on the stats when you tweet the link? If people are using the twitter app and click on a link it takes them out of the app and into chrome (or similar) so it shows up on the stats as ‘misc’ rather than as twitter or t.co.

Hi Susan (not Dottie, sorry!) - if I post the link, like I’d do here in the forums, it then puts the photo on as well so I don’t post a photo AND a link - would that make a difference?

Hi Sasha - hmmm I didn’t look too carefully at my stats, they seem to be pretty consistent… maybe I need to do another experiment & see what happens.

If you just post a link to Twitter then it gives a preview photo which is much less eye catching than a full sized photo. To get the best impact on Twitter you should use a full size photo which you do from copying the photo from your listing then uploading to Twitter using the little camera icon. You can add # which will help the tweet too such as #folksy #folksysellers #handmade etc Hope this helps! I am Susan or Dottie - confuse myself sometimes!!

1 Like

Twitter is very fast paced and content is browsed super quick so I always find posting a big photo and then the link works best.
Those little teeny photo links from direct posts don’t seem to engage people as much.

I would love to have a post with 1900 impressions!

I find it really hard to think of what to post on social media. I must try harder!

I always find that big photos work best, people seem to love quotes as well, if you can add them to posts every now and again that might help (I’ve never been a fan personally).

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies, I made something new this morning so as soon as the sun comes out (might be a while!) and I can take decent pictures, I’m gonna test out putting up a big photo and then the link. I always seem to get lots of impressions but not many views, something else to work on when I get a chance…

1 Like

I love twitter, it is my preferred social media site and has been for a while. It’s interesting you saying about impressions vs views, Johanna (@ihana). I have noticed this recently too and it feels like you doing so much work for little return. I think Karen (@karenscraftybitz) may have hit the nail on the head, twitter is so fast pace I think people are skimming through tweets or probably completely missing them. I have found posts with a collage of current work and a link to your entire shop get more notice at the moment.

Elaine

1 Like

Thank you, I shall try that too!