New Years Resolution?

Like many people I like to start the new year off on a clean footing so to speak.
I like to set myself challenges every now and then and find a new year is quite a nice time to do it!
And scarily 2016 isn’t that far away!!

Has anyone thought about a resolution?
Or just something they would like to try or achieve in 2016?

I plan on making it a year of changes in a way- my husband finishes his PhD in April so it’s finally my turn (I’ve supported us both for the last 8 years so he could do whatever he wanted- and he’s adamant it’s my turn now) so very excited! And going to use it as a time to begin to persue my dream!!
So training will start next September to eventually hopefully qualify as an Educational Psychologist.

I also aim to continue to expand my Lino prints. I’d like to get into 2 or 3 more B&M shops next year as well!
So yeah- I guess I set myself more challenges than resolutions! Haha

Anyone want to share their thoughts?

6 Likes

I am Not going to eat and biscuits or chocolate after a deadline of 8pm. That will do wonders for my waistline and prepare me for my February winter sunshine break. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve never made new years resolutions but reading you starting to pursue your dream I feel quite inspired to search for a challenge for myself! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try to stop myself turning into an grumpy old woman . It’s no good me trying to give up chocolate as it won’t last.

6 Likes

I’m going to try and get more involved with Dottie Designs “British Crafters” page and promote my folksy shop more.

3 Likes

Similar to the opening post, I want to get funding approval from my manager to apply for a part time PhD in Education (I lecture part time for the Open University in health and social care).
To save up for a bigger kiln and clear out enough to have somewhere to put it!

4 Likes

I’m going to tidy up my studio & most importantly, my bench to the point where I can actually take a photograph of it - is anyone else a messy worker?

4 Likes

A complete rethink of my life! With my divorce hopefully being finalised soon (it has taken a very long time!) and my youngest daughter set to leave home for Uni in October I have decided on a completely new start and change of direction. Plan for 2016 - finalise divorce, sell house, move 200 miles down south to live in my sisters granny annex (no I’m not a granny yet but its convenient), give up my business and find work that requires less stress and responsibility and spend more time crafting and developing my craft business…oh and the usual lose weight, get fitter etc!

Well thats the plan - check back with me this time next year and see what if any of it has come to fruition!

7 Likes

Good luck with all that - I hope 2016 is a really positive year for you x

2 Likes

Good luck with some big changes! Mine will be small challenges, I always find it such a difficult time of year to be too hard on yourself, in the dark and the rain. Maybe I shall do some midsummer resolutions this year.

2 Likes

Mine are the same every year and I never stick to them so my resolution for 2016 is to stop drifting and actually stick to my resolutions so I achieve most, if not all, of them by the end of next year!!!

2 Likes

I could stick with my usual - really need to make the business work, & this year need to learn lots more about social media which is a complete minefield to me. However, this year my new years resolution is to… take up horse riding, something I haven’t done in 30 years, wonder if I’ll enjoy it the same as I did 30 years ago?

1 Like
  • I am going to try and make it on Folksy Hour on twitter more regularly
  • Be more positive, proactive and organised
  • Spend more time promoting our products
  • Commit to a relevant craft fair
2 Likes

2016 is the right time for us to make a move from Essex to Derbyshire. Lots of challenges ahead!

2 Likes

Wow! You definitely have a big year ahead! That’s all very exciting!! I wish you all the best with it! :blush:

1 Like

I think I need to follow your second bullet point too!! :blush:

1 Like

That’s a good one @PaulinesCrafts I’m going to pinch your idea! Haha!

That will be a good move. I am bias being from Matlock! Good luck with it.

That sounds all very exciting Susannah - what a fabulous 2016 you have in store.

Elaine

My resolution is generally the same each year, and each year I fail miserably. I long to be able to start, stick to and finish one thing at a time. I’m hopeless, I have “to do” lists all over the place, start one thing, remember something else and move on to it, get distracted easily, etc., etc. Perhaps 2016 will be the year I manage to sort myself out :wink: