Newly listed items

I haven’t quite got to grips with the “new” (I know it’s been there for ages) Folksy Home page. The old layout had quite a big section for newly listed items and top sellers but I cant see how to find them anymore.

Also, on the new page layout, I can only see where one or two newly listed items are shown at a time.

As a plus shop, I used to re-list 4 or 5 items at a time in the hope of getting a few things noticed on the newly listed items. Is it worth re-listing more than 1 item at a time now?

If you go to the not signed in home page there is a ‘recently listed’ button, but it isn’t on the signed in page.

The newly listed spots on the signed in front page no longer pick up re-lists so unless its a genuine new listing your items won’t show there. They do still appear in the list on the unsigned in page though.

I have still not got used to it either, like you I am a plus seller and on the old layout I used to get 20 - 30 sales a month but with the new one I am lucky if I am getting 1 - 2.
My plus account is due for renewal soon and I haven’t decided if I will be renewing, the sad fact is folksy just doesn’t work for me anymore.
I find the front page to be very ‘samey’ and sometimes one seller can take up 4 spaces if they have been lucky enough to be chosen to be there.

Thanks everyone - I forgot that there is slightly different content if you are not signed in (not sure why there is!)

I just went onto newly listed items and scrolled through the first 6-7 pages and it was just whole re-listed shops. It looked a bit dull.

I used to like having it scrolling along the bottom of the homepage as you quite often used to find something that you probably wouldn’t have made a search for.

I must admit that my sales have really dropped lately - Folksy used to be my biggest selling platform but now it seems that most of my Folksy sales are generated when I do a lot of promotion through social media.

1 Like

relisting still boosts the items to the top of the category pages - briefly.
And you can still see the best sellers here https://folksy.com/bestsellers it still works ,but there is no access to it on the Folksy site itself anymore.So there is no longer any potential benefit from a customer perspective, just a personal one.

Crikey I’ve just found myself at No 32 in the best sellers list with 1 sale in the last week. Now I want to know how many sales the people further up the list have made in the last week.

Sasha @SashaGarrett - I don’t think its the number of sales, rather the total value so one high value item would put you higher up the list than 100 low value items.

Thanks @Rozcraftz I was wondering that, it was an expensive item that got sold. (still want to know how many more I need to get to number 1 - got to have something to aim for)

it varies massivly at different times or year. You can be at nr 1 with quite low sales at this time of year say£200 /£300, but at Christmas it will be £1000 pounds a week or more.

I too liked to see new items scrolling along the bottom of the page too. Since that has stopped I haven’t purchased as much as I used to. Since all that has changed I hardly get any sales. I no longer pay for being a plus seller as it has not increased my sales at all and the cost jumped up too much I think. Most of my sales come from social media as well. Sadly Folksy has in my opinion made a big mistake with this new look, I think a lot of people will agree with me. Not too sure if I will continue with Folky.

2 Likes

I used to regularly be in the best sellers list. Since the Folksy “improvements” it’s rare that I get a sale, which means half the time I can’t be bothered trying, so sales are even rarer. I love your work @thedotterypotter ! My daughter has one of your owls hanging in her kitchen (bought by me). Apparently they’re re-doing the front page again, so who knows…

OOh - I’ve just had a look at the front page and it’s all changed again! I saw items from my favourite sellers and a big block of newly listed items at the bottom of the page. I’m sure I was logged in, so I guess this must be the new front page…there is hope after all - lol!

Thanks for the link to the best sellers page @DeborahJonesJewellery I’ve just found myself at number 32 :slight_smile:

1 Like