No Way to get back to "Talk Folksy" Main Page

Have looked for this topic and can’t find one…

Once you have selected a message or category from the main “Talk Folksy” screen, there doesn’t seem to be any way to get back to that main screen (I mean the screen that you come into when you click “Talk Folksy” from the main Folksy site).
You can click on the Category tab (top of current message), to see other messages in the same category, but you can’t go back to the “start” page.
I thought clicking on the “Talk Folksy” logo (top left) would do this, but it doesn’t.
Can we have this facility? The only other way I have found so far, is to click on “Folksy”, return to main Folksy and then re-enter “Talk Folksy” from there (which is a very clumsy way to navigate).

Otherwise, I like this forum so far! :smiley:

LizzieMade

Hi Lizzie

The ‘Talk Folksy’ logo should take you back to the forum front page. Which browser (including version number) are you using?

Hello @sianfolksy1, thanks for the response.

I am using Internet Explorer. This is silly, but I can’t find the Version number!! (very Duh!). Can you (anyone) tell me how to track it down please?

Lizzie

This should tell you:

http://whatbrowser.org/

How clever! So, I’m using IE v.9, thanks!

I’m testing on IE9 now and I see that issue too.
@samSaffronSamSamsamsam is it possible to get that link to work in IE9 ?

Actually IE9 is the minimum browser that Discourse supports so it’s likely you may see things that don’t work as well as they do in other browsers. We would advise that you update to IE10 or IE11 if possible (or use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome) to get the best user experience of the forums.

If you don’t want to do that, you can get back to the forum front page by clicking the refresh (circle arrow) icon in your browser’s address bar.

I’m testing on IE9 now and I see that issue too. @samSaffronSamSamsamsam is it possible to get that link to work in IE9 ?

Actually IE9 is the minimum browser that Discourse supports so it’s likely you may see things that don’t work as well as they do in other browsers. We would advise that you update to IE10 or IE11 if possible (or use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome) to get the best user experience of the forums.

If you don’t want to do that, you can get back to the forum front page by clicking the refresh (circle arrow thingy) icon in your browser’s address bar.

Okay, thanks.

I’ll look into browsers and see what I want to do.

Thank you Sian

Hi again Sian,

My wonderful husband has upgraded my Windows and IE for me. I am now using Windows 7 (I was still on Vista - never realised that!!) and IE v11. The “Talk Folksy” button now works and I’m sure lots of other problems will magically be fixed!

Thanks for the advice.

Lizzie

1 Like