Order acknowlegement from seller - please send them!

As a result of my acknowledgement for an order sent today I’ve had a response from the customer thanking me, saying she knows she can rely on my shop to always have something for the occasion she is looking for and asking about another … which i have now made …
just saying… and it’s not unusual… please sing along ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ ♪♫♬ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

PS and yes she has just bought the suncatcher I made for her so should I have sent that acknowledgement… well obviously !

1 Like

PS I had an order from a new customer the other day. I acknowledged it and received the response below back today … note this was on the back of my acknowledgement not either the Folksy or Paypal emails she would have received.

My response… Thank you, you have just made my day :joy:

Would I have had that if I had not sent the acknowledgment ? I doubt it.

"Joy
**Thank you so much for the wonderful glass heart sun catcher - the quality is superb and will make a fantastic gift for my friends’ 50th in November.
*I am really impressed with the service and with your other products listed and will not hesitate to recommend you or use your service again. *
**Kind Regards
**"

Lovely, @JOYSofGLASS
I think even a very short note coming from your personal email, rather than just the automatic folksy and paypal emails, reassures the buyer that there is a ‘real person’ who has received their order and is taking care of it for them. That personal connection brings many benefits.

2 Likes

So I ordered something from Folksy shop on Monday morning and it say 3 days to send out and have had no acknowlegement and no package either. Have even tried a contact to the seller yesterday but no response.
Will I leave feedback… probably better not :slight_smile:

How many sales has the shop had? If you are the first, I’d keep trying to contact them as this is what happened to my order - the Folksy notification went to their spam folder so they didn’t know they had a sale. Maybe folksy admin could give them a nudge on your behalf, too.

1 Like

They have had another and it has feedback and they sell on other platforms too. It was just an impulse Xmas stocking filler purchase but hate having to chase.

Cringing on their behalf! My last 3 sale notifications went to spam- thank goodness Paypal emails pinged through- But I was mortified that I’d not contacted the buyers immediately…and missed out on posting, first thing, en route to work. I think the issues with emails are totally sorted- but I still obsessively check my spam folder now. I am gobsmacked at the seller…I would expect a slight “Telling off email” from Folksy if I neglected a customer and the community like this. Fascinated to hear, if you hear/receive… and your next move @JOYSofGLASS

…and gagging to know and snoop in their shop! But that would be very unprofessional :blush:

If nothing by Monday… I’ve found them on Twitter. xx

1 Like

Ps I should emphasise I’m not trying to name and shame here. I haven’t named and only me, the seller and Folksy know and hopefully, eventually the postman, what I’m talkng about. I’m just trying to say how important I think it is to acknowledge an order.
I’m not Amazon or Ebay. I’m a small shopkeeper and where I can I enjoy a friendly conversation with my customers, just as I do when I am selling to them face to face.

PPS: Just had an automated email (from Folksy), the order despatch button has been pressed.

PPPS Have had a request from the new feedback email to leave some but I can’t… nothing received yet. I am thinking that when it does arrive I will be nice and will not leave feedback and might send another email just explaining why it would be better if I didn’t.

PPPPS It has arrived. I will say no more.

2 Likes

…deleting

1 Like

As I had my first sale yesterday, this thread has proved very useful, thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t send a personal email confirming the order or dispatch as the customer gets two emails after they’ve ordered (from Folksy and Paypal/Stripe) and I don’t want to cause irritation by flooding their inbox with emails all basically saying the same thing (which is a personal bugbear for me when ordering online). Having said that, I always send out orders on time and always mark them as shipped immediately after posting. And I include a personal hand-signed note in with my parcels.

4 Likes

Heather The acknowledgement I send is absolutely not mandatory but in my case I find it useful as if it is to a new customer and I’m not sending signed-for (which I only do for higher value packages as my bug-bear is rushing to the door to sign for a £2 packet ribbons !).
I have this text saved up as an email signature and insert it the end of my note.

"PS: Please note that my packages don’t go through the letterbox.
I always post first class so if it hasn’t arrived after a couple of days
Please check any safe place where it might have been left.> "

I do this because, of the very, very few packages which have temporarily gone missing, they have generally been found where the postie left them ! Saves a lot of hassle.

The acknowledgement also allows me to acknowledge repeat customers and, as i think I said somewhere further up, often starts a friendly conversation which is a bit like serving a customer over the shop counter.

It also lets me tell the customer when I am posting it so they know when to expect it.

In this case I had no way of knowing if the seller had seen my order or not as it wasn’t despatched on time and then i had no response to my query message.

PS: I sometimes forget to mark orders as despatched !! (I’ve done today’s … :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Hi Joy.
I was just contributing to the discussion and sharing my way of doing things as an alternative viewpoint - apologies if I touched a nerve, that wasn’t at all my intention. If sending a personal email works for you and your customers that’s great - as your packages don’t go through the letterbox, it’s probably very sensible too! (My parcels generally do go through the letterbox so I don’t have to take that problem into account).
I’m also very active on Instagram - which is where most of my sales traffic comes from - and often “chat” to customers on there rather than in the form of emails.
Anyway, I hope this thread has been helpful for others deciding which route (‘emails or no emails’) they want to take.
Heather x
PS. Glad you got your missing-and-no-communication order sorted out, Joy. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Heather. Goodness. No nerves even faintly twinging.:crazy_face::crazy_face: I was just explaining why I send them but as I said absolutely not mandatory in any way shape or form. As you said my way suits me because of the too big for the letterbox issue.
You are quite right, this thread should give useful points in which way to go.

Joy xx

2 Likes

Just to repeat my thoughts on the benefit of acknowledgements.
This in response to a rather good order this evening :crazy_face:

“Many thanks for your email, your work is amazing. Ive ordered them for my daughters 16th birthday, she will love the beauty of them
Looking forward to receiving them.”

Finished off with a flourish my rather good glass day which started with a £100 USA order, while I slept, continued with an order for a piece of jewellery, then a lovely review on my FB page and then received that ‘make your day’ sort of message on the back of another good order.

Smiling all the way to the post office even if it is along flooded country lanes.
xxx

1 Like