Packaging query

Morning everyone. Wondering if anyone here sells/makes packaging? I have packaging I’m happy with for my cross stitch kits but I’d like something other than a plain old envelope for charts only xx

2 Likes

Quick question, how big are the charts, what would the size of the envelope be, out of curiosity :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

Decorated envelopes? How about getting stamps with a theme of what’s inside to apply?(Not postage, with ink pads).

Hi Lesley
I have bear making kits which I also sell as pattern only, I put them in clear bags and make the cover piece to match my kits with a photograph of the bear and the fabric/component requirements.
I popped to have a look at your kits to see whether you could use a similar style to them for your patterns only but your shop is empty at the minute.

I’m looking for A4 xx

That’s a nice idea, I could think about that, thank you xx

This should be a pic of one of my kits, I’m not very tech savy! Xx

Ah!, sorry my idea would not work with that size, I bought one of these, from Amazon Vaessen Creative 2137-050 Easy Scoring Board cm in Mint Green with Bone Folder and Guide for Card Making and Paper Crafts, 30,5 x 30,5 cm

you can make up envelopes out of any paper you want, but I don’t think it would be possible to make a A4 size

@lesleytaylordesigns if this is your kit and you would like to make it as a pattern only you could easily do the same as I have. Use the same picture on the front but instead of (for example) saying it is a full kit containing x, y, z have it reading ‘it is a pattern only’ and then list the requirements to make it. These are my kit and pattern for making Toby bear. I use the same photograph which I print and attach to my printed sheet of paper and my oattern only just goes in a bag like yours.

Have a look at mine in my shop, I would add the main pic as one of the completed kit then add the photos with the threads, charts etc as additional photos but obviously it is personal choice how you do yours

Thank you anyway Stephen x

1 Like

Thank you Debby. I do the same as you for charts only. I like the bags, perhaps I should look at those and then I wouldn’t feel so bad about posting in an ordinary envelope. I think if someone was buying to give as a gift it would be nice if the package looked good x

1 Like

Ah yes I see what you mean now.
When I post mine I wrap in tissue with one of my handmade tags then put it into a hard backed envelope, my kits are boxed so I do the same, tissue, string and gift tag then wrap in bubble wrap so they don’t get damaged then brown paper. I think if it’s pattern only it’s fine in an envelope.