Parma Violets - love them or hate them?

As I sit here munching on the parma violets I raided from the halloween sweet selection last night I wonder am I alone in my passion for them. I’m not really much of a sweet lover but parma violets I could eat forever. Anyone else with me?

1 Like

I’m with you Roz:)

Ooo, no… ! Too flowery for me! But I could eat those pink and orange ‘fruit salad’ chews to keep you company.

1 Like

I used to love them as a teenager ,I recently bought some and a parma violet soap from @ShropshireNaturalProducts to send to a friend who used to munch away with me. Black Jacks are my fav.

I adore flowery and old fashioned sweets, sugared Almonds are a fav and that extremely hard liquorice, but I don’t eat too many!!

I like rose and violet creams.

Now they remind me of my Nan :smile:

Noooooooooo parma violets are horrible ( well I don’t like them ).

I had 2 Drumstick lollies around my parents in law today which went down a treat and I love a good peanut butter based sweet, but noooooo to parma violets. Sorry.

I wish Texan bars would come back, I used to love them. Or Trios. : )

1 Like

Ooo black jacks - used to love them, can you still get them, Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery ?

1 Like

When I was little you would get four for a penny now they cost about 5p each (at least… I haven’t had one for a couple of years , but my daughter tells me they still exist)

Nasty !!! The smell of my nans perfume was the same as the taste of Parma Violets !!! yuck . Yes Roz you can still get blackjacks and fruit salads !!! Does anyone remember “space dust” or popping candy as some people called it ?

I’m with you Roz @Rozcraftz I love them and I’ve been raiding the sweetie tub all week that I bought for Halloween.
I’m not proud to say that last night there were still some in the tub when the doorbell rang and hubby tried to head to the front door with it I had to block his path and scramble around in the tub to remove the remaining ones before he gave them away.

Fortunately no one else in the household eats them…

Not keen on Parma Violets - like the smell but not the taste LOL!

If you search retro sweets on ebay you’ll find all the old favourites :slight_smile:

Pineapple cubes and pear drops were some of my favourites, and jelly snakes, and fizzy cola bottles, and rainbow drops, and chocolate mice and candy cigarettes and …well, let’s say I’ve always had a sweet tooth LOL!

Love them!

Post all your unwanted Parma Violets to me.

Parma violets are my favourites and I have to admit that I too raided the halloween sweets before I let the kids loose on them.

I love, love, love Parma violets.

YUMMY! love 'em

Just eating the last packet :frowning:

1 Like

Roz I thought you were a sharer :wink:

Not with Parma violets, they’re all mine!

1 Like