Paypal problems trying to buy

I am unable to purchase with Paypal and the selling has no other options available. I have tried with laptop and android tablet but no success after about 10 attempts with various methods i.e paypal balance, card, bank, personal and business log ins.

1 Like

Is it an established seller with other sales ? It might just be that they are not properly set up on Paypal. ?

1 Like

Zoe - @Zoknitandsew I had the same issue over the BH - where a buyer couldn’t buy from my shop.

I have dropped a explaination into another thread of what happened, what may have caused it, and the actions I took to resolve.

For context, I am an established seller (many years) and had a sale just a couple of days earlier, so it can happen to any of us!!! :flushed:

4 Likes

I’ve had two paypal payments over the weekend so hopefully just an intermittent issue. xx
And I used Paypal to pay my Folksy bill ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The seller is new and I am wondering if it is set up correctly but I have had issues paying with PayPal on folksy before but the sellers have had stripe so I have used that instead quite easily.

1 Like

No @JOYSofGLASS they are new and no sales yet so am wondering if that is the case.

1 Like

@JOYSofGLASS all fixed, folksy support got back to me, the seller had a typo in their PayPal address. All done now.

3 Likes

Hi Joy @JOYSofGLASS. It wasn’t a widespread glitch with Paypal itself, but an issue that seemed to be affecting my shop - I could pay with paypal and get sales from elsewhere, just not receive sales through Folksy.

As I explained in my comment on the other thread, I’m still not sure if there was a problem with my email in Folksy disconnecting, or of the item itself triggered a “block” at Paypal’s end. I took a couple of actions to resolve it and I’m not sure exactly which worked.

But I shared the link as I thought Zoe @Zoknitandsew may want to forward it to the seller affected - they can check and see if any of the issues are similar / or if any of the actions work for them. I know I am super grateful to the buyer who alterted me to the issue.

But I can see it’s now sorted :heart:

3 Likes

I’m the buyer who couldn’t buy a beautiful bundle from @TheOldButton - a glitch somewhere. It wouldn’t accept stripe so I tried PP and it wouldn’t let me pay with that either - or at least I later got an email from PP to say my purchase breached some of their conditions. I messaged Sharon and it has ultimately resolved itself. I’m not a great fan of PP - I had quite a lot of issues with them at the start. I got no answers from PP about why and I tried to order again yesterday and managed to pay by stripe. I currently have £50 in my bank refunded to me by PP after they cancelled my payments. The thing is they never actually took the money out bank account :laughing:

1 Like

@TheOldButton I was reading your other post when I got an e email from Folksy support saying there was a typo in the sellers e mail address for PayPal. All resolved now.:blush:

1 Like

I’m sure they will realise their mistake and claw it back Anne !!! But in the meantime, enjoy the few pennies interest… and await your “beautiful bundle” xx

1 Like

Oh I am sure they will :joy:. But I’ll let them work that out :rofl:

Really looking forward to my bundle :heart:

2 Likes