Folksy Ltd

Paypal service upgrades

(Diane Keeble) #1

Has anyone had an email about paypal service upgrades? something about IPN endpoints. It is suggesting I need to make some changes. Not sure if it’s a scam.

(Dawn Sneesby) #2

Yes Diane I have received the same email, don’t really now what they are talking about with the end points. I’m going to ignore it for now and see if more information comes up here.

(Suzzie Godfrey) #3

I had the same email this morning too Diane
@dikeeblebeadsandjewellery. I was going to ask hubby when he came home tonight as I wouldn’t have a clue, but if anyone else can shed light on it…?
Suzzie x

(Sasha Garrett) #4

I got this email too, I don’t think its spam as it has my name at the beginning and fishing emails don’t normally do that. That said I’m not clicking on the links in the email. I didn’t know that I had turned on instant payment notifications, if they are responsible for the emails I get when I’m paid or if they just update the order status on folksy to paid rather than pending, let alone what I’m supposed to do now.
@Folksyadmin or @dougfolksy any of you technical types know if we need to make any changes? When I found the appropriate bit of my paypal account it was asking for a notification URL, I’m assuming this isn’t just the email address I want them to contact when someone has paid me.
Sasha

(Diane Burton) #5

I had that one too, mine also had my name but I’ve forwarded it to paypal and waiting for their reply before I do anything. Not sure what it’s about either Sasha and not being very good with techie speak haven’t a clue what to do about it :confused:

(Karen Ellam) #6

I’ve received the email too, but I have no clue what it means.
I will ask my hubby later too.

Karen

(Christine Shephard) #7

I think it has been sent to all business users, in case you have a website with shopping cart that is linked to paypal, in which case you’d have to make the changes. Otherwise, it’s for Folksy to action, not us.

(Michelle Picken) #8

I’ve had this email this morning also, but haven’t got a clue what to do, I wasn’t even aware that we could change anything in our paypal set ups, I thought you just opened a paypal account and that was it!

(Deborah Jones) #9

I have sent it to spoof@paypal.com to see what they say - there are people on the paypal Help forum saying it is a clever scam email .

there seems to be no Merchant security system upgrade guide accessable via the Paypal site.

(Karen Ellam) #10

I’ve just asked my husband and he says it’s something Folksy needs to do. It’s a security modification which allows PayPal and folksy to talk to one another during a transaction.
Hopefully Folksy are already onto this or else there will be problems with payments which are out of our hands.

Hope this makes some sense. My heads swirling now lol

Karen

I don’t think it’s a scam as I had one for all 3 of my paypal accounts all with my name and a realistic email address. Still I never click on any links in emails as that’s just asking for trouble. We shouldn’t have to do anything for ouy Folksy, Esy or eay shops as they should do it all for you. If you have a private website you sell on you or the person who runs your site for you may have to upgrade :slight_smile:

(Minerva) #12

I also received that and it looked a bit strange with the capital letters in the title. Did we get this before and now it becomes urgent?? I don’t remember…
I also think it’s probably something a marketplace we sell from might have to do something. I wouldn’t know where to start…let’s wait for Folksy and see what they say…

(Diane Burton) #13

I don’t remember getting anything before either @BelaFarCrafts I’ve even checked my paypal account and there is no message attached to indicate I need to urgently sort something out. I’m waiting to hear back from paypal before doing anything else.

(Tina Martin) #14

Yes, I’ve received it too, not sure what to do yet, wait to read feedback on here!

(Minerva) #15

Ooohhh…It looks genuine, but there is something about it…the title in capital letters, urgent action, we didn’t get this before to make it necessary to take urgent action now…and I only received this once, even though I sell in 2 places…we have to be careful. Best not to do anything ourselves yet…

(Eileens Craft Studio) #16

Not a scam and as already stated it’s for those who have their own website which is using paypal as their payment provider.

As Folksy shop owners ie we use a 3rd party platform to sell and use paypay it will be Folksy who will be dealing with the new upgrade to the software.

But it does say we all need to make sure we are using up to date browsers so that’s something for us to think about when their new security setting come into affect.

(CopperTobi) #17

Received it also, didn’t bother much about it, never click links when not sure if mail is not scam plus never had anything from Paypal regards these theoretical upgrades… so wait and see what will be later :slight_smile:

(Minerva) #18

I just noticed something strange…The copyright notice on various PP emails I’ve received so far is:
Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

The email we received today says:
Copyright © 2014 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Shouldn’t this information be the same??

(Minerva) #19

The website says this too: Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

(Andie) #20

I was interseted to read all theses posts. I’ve had the email too, and thought it probably applied to people who had their own shopping cart. I had an email from ‘the other side’ the other day saying they were updating their Instant payments to include Paypal, but I’ve only just joined them so I wasn’t sure what they were on about! I gues we need to wait until spoof@paypal get back to one of us.