Photo Issue - Being turned on its side when uploading to a listing

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help. I am trying to list a new product to Folksy but every time I upload the image it gets turned on its side. The image has worked fine on other sites. I have checked the size etc. but still it does it. Very frustrating.

Any ideas on what could be causing it? I have tried taking new photos and they are the same.

Thanks
Leeanne

I have had that problem in the past. If I remember rightly it only happened when I was using my iPad to upload photos and I think I found if I rotated it by 360 deg i.e… one complete turn before uploading it all worked ok. It was a long time ago though and I can’t be certain that it solved the problem but might be worth a try.

Oh that would make sense as I am using my IPad. Will give it a go - thanks!

On many cameras and pads, the device knows whether you were holding the camera horizontally or vertically and it attaches this information to the photo so that other software can auto rotate the image. If you use your camera, for example, looking down on a product, the sensor cannot determine if the image should be landscape or portrait and may switch wildly between the two. Look for a setting in your device’s menu that turns off the auto rotate feature and you will regain control!

Thank you Imageiseverything. That would explain it. I will have a look :smile: