Photo orientation

Hi there one and all

Can anyone shed some light for me… my photos seem to have changed orientation ie: some of them are now on their side!!! I haven’t changed anything at all or re-listed or anything, but they look very silly!!! Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance

Maree x

Wow I thought I was the only one, 2 of my photo’s have done that and I had to change them, something strange is going on here lol, hope you get it sorted soon x

I have found that if the photo you upload is in portrait orientation is will rotate to landscape orientation when uploaded here. It’s a recent thing - I had to edit some of my pics when they loaded sideways, but as soon as I make sure that what I was loading was landscape all was fine :smiley:

Think this may be a mac problem. My photos change orientation depending on whether I am using my ipad or MacBook. Can’t work out what the common factor is as it only happens to some photos. Are others having problems on Mac or windows? Have contacted support but not made progress yet!

I had a problem with a few photos, they were in landscape on screen when I ticked them to upload but not on folksy. I had to open them in Gimp (kind of a free photoshop) and rotate.
I think it has something to do with tablets ‘remembering’ how the photo was taken and displaying properly but to the shop you upload file with no such memory… it’s my best guess.
Magdalena

Completely mad!! I use a PC, so it can’t be a mac thing with me, and was fine last week!! Grrrr… makes me cross when I haven’t actually changed anything…

My photos were all edited on the PC before uploading but perhaps I’ll go and force them to be the wrong way round so that when they upload they’ll be right IYKWIM!! (knowing my luck though, something will change again and then they’ll be the wrong way again!!)

some of mine are wrong and I’m on the desk top pc. They were all ok until recently :frowning: