Pinterest - a business account without a website

I don’t know who can help me out here but I had a personal pinterest account. I tried ages ago to change to a business account but couldn’t work out how to claim my website so turned it back to personal. However, having watched the Folksy Pinterest webinar, saying a website wasn’t necessary, I tried again. I’ve now converted to the business account again but it’s saying that the Merchant status is inactive as the website isn’t claimed. It says I need to claim the website to get the analytics etc. So what exactly is functioning in this business account now?
I’ve tried adding the HTML tag into my website but despite watching several YouTubes, it won’t let me do it and I have nobody to ask to do it for me anymore.
So am I still visible as a business without the website link (which I didn’t want anyway, I only want to post the pieces I have on Folksy, there’s very little on my showcase website and there’s no shopping cart on it – long story) and I can put the direct link to folksy on each post anyway. But can you see me?
My pinterest handle is SilvanaJewellery

4 Likes

Hi, I have just today claimed mine, if you look on Instagram at Folksys feed there was a post today telling us how to claim our account, think it was in the settings on Pinterest, sorry can’t remember quite what I did but Folksy left good instructions that even I could follow. I will have a look at your Pinterest
X

2 Likes

Thanks Debby. I’d been using the Folksy instructions but the point I fall down on is the inserting the code in my website coding. My website won’t let me do it, no matter which YouTube instruction I use for wordpress, it doesn’t equate to what I see when I get in it and it tells me to stop doing what I’ve been told to do!

2 Likes

I just visited your Pinterest page from the link in your Folksy shop, and I can see all your jewellery, and can click on an item to view it and from there back to the item in your Folksy shop, if I were trying to buy it. Does that help?

3 Likes

Thanks Nikki that’s very helpful. I had been beginning to wonder as no figures were showing up but probably because I posted on here, numbers are now appearing. So eventhough I haven’t claimed my website and it says I need to do so if I want analysis, I’m getting some feedback, even if it isn’t the whole lot. Never having seen all what you get when you do claim your website, I don’t know what I’m missing, but I don’t think I care - people can see me and I can see what’s being looked at, so that’s good enough for me - without the hassle of trying to fiddle with my website which I really hate doing! x

3 Likes

Sorry I am at a loss about coding, I already had a Pinterest account so just went to Pinterest settings and ticked to claim my account, my apologies if I misunderstood, I followed the instructions Folksy had put on instagram this morning, I don’t really understand Pinterest that much, I think it is so posts put on IG will share automatically to Pinterest but I didn’t have to put any codes in mine.

1 Like

I’m no better at the technically than you are. It’s the personal v business accounts bit, though I started with the instagram feed instruction that you saw. The fact that I’ve managed to change to a business account and I can still be seen, eventhough I haven’t claimed my website, is good enough for me. I too ticked to claim my website after it said my account was inactive and wouldn’t go active till I did so (by putting the code into the background of my website), but that doesn’t actually make sense as people are obviously seeing my account as little numbers are springing up everywhere! So I’ve no idea what it means when it says my account is inactive - and I’m too cabbaged to do anything more with it - it works and that’s good enough for this non-IT person!

2 Likes

Oh well if you are being seen that’s all that matters…if it aint broken don’t fix it lol…or something like that :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m new to Pinterest, but all I want is to be seen, and for viewers to be able to get to my shop! I have followed you - although I’m not sure what impact that has! Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks Nikki, we’ll both see how it goes, I’ve followed you too!

2 Likes

Yes I see you and see your Instagram link on your Pinterest page, which works.

1 Like

Thanks Zo, I’ve found you too!

1 Like