Please could you Critique my Shop

Hello All
Could you please give me some advice. I would like to know if I am doing things right and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Mary

Hi, welcome to the Folksy family, I love your printed cards of flowers etc, the colours are really vivid, it might help if you state if the cards are gloss, textured or matt finish and what weight card you use. Also is there anything on the back of the card, like your brand name and social media links, name of the flower etc, maybe show a picture of the back or state in the description if its blank on the back. You have shop collections, it might be good to separate your cards into photographed pictures and hand made cards, easier for customers to navigate, also on your hand made cards I would put whether they are standard weight cards, like will they post at the normal size postage or are they classed as large letter because of the depth of them. Just a few things to maybe add to your description to give your customer the info they need.
Good luck, with your venture, I have been on Folksy since 2011, its hard work but it can be done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Tracey, Some good ideas.

Hello and welcome to Folksy, Mary.
Your shop looks pretty good so far. As Tracey pointed out, some of your cards with 3D elements on may tip into the large letter category, as well as this being of interest to your customers, it could cause you to make a loss on your postage charge. You are currently charging 85p for postage, but the larger cards with raised elements, plus envelope, plus cellophane wrapper in a hard backed envelope, could easily be a large letter, which will cost either 96p or £1.29 (2nd class v 1st class) and if more than 100g would bump up to £1.53/£1.83 depending on which service you use. It’s certainly worth getting everything on the scales just to check. It’s also worth stating in the description if you post first or second class, as this might be important to someone who has left it to the last minute to buy a card. On more than one occasion recently I have had e-mails from buyers checking that their card will arrive in time for a birthday or anniversary.

Good luck with your shop.
Alison

P.S. your garden looks gorgeous!

Thank you Alison. Good points.