Please help!

A customer bought an item from my Folksy shop, and the money is showing in my PayPal account but I keep getting an email from PayPal saying I need to fill in a form to claim the money otherwise it will be returned to the customer. Is this right or is it a scam???

If it’s already in your account then I’d have thought it’s already 'claimed and yours. It does sound odd!

1 Like

I would go into your Paypal account, normally, not using any link in any email and see if you have something outstanding in there.
In my early use of Paypal I received money from someone and had to accept it before it was fully mine. This may be one of those.
I think if you look at your summary and then click on the particular payment it will show if there is something like this outstanding.
Joy xx

2 Likes

As Joy says DO NOT click on any links in the emails.

Open up a new internet window and go to your paypal account that way then see what it says there.

If you are still confused you can contact paypal via phone and ask about the email and the paypal transaction.

1 Like

That is odd indeed. PayPal doesn’t ask you to accept the payment anymore. You get the money after they deduct the fee. It’s all instantly done.

I once had this happen to me although it was on my website. I’m pretty sure it was because I had to claim the amount I wanted (pretty stupid because obviously you want the whole amount) once I claimed it and marked it as posted I didn’t get anymore emails. I transferred the money to my bank account just as an extra precaution.

Was it an overseas transaction, and if so was it the first through your paypal account? I seem to remember having to do something like this for my first, but as the others say don’t follow the links in the email just in case.

Alison

Thanks for all your replies. I believe it was because my Folksy email differed to my PayPal email. When I amended it so they matched I had a duplicate email. All appears sorted now. Fingers crossed. Customer payment is in my account x

2 Likes