Folksy Ltd

Unclaimed money pay pal

(Faye Huxham) #1

Hi there I sent someone money to buy something in their shop but it says unclaimed.It does not say cancel next to it Do I get the money back? I used pay pal.
Thank you in advance.

(Deborah Jones) #2

I have seen this happens when there is a currency conversion or stock taking issues - leave it for a bit and the shop should accept it and the sale go through as normal.
You can always message the seller and ask whats happening .

(Grimm Exhibition) #3

Somebody in the USA bought from me the other day, I don’t sell to the US and only have postage info for the UK. So I havnt claimed their money and it says the money will go back to them after about 4 weeks. So if they don’t claim it you will get your money back.

1 Like
(Faye Huxham) #4

I did do that this morning. Thank you I always find pay pal so confusing.

(Faye Huxham) #5

Thank you so much its all new to me! :blush:

(Eileens Craft Studio) #6

Oh I paid an invoice once via paypal and the Seller had transposed 2 letter in their paypal email address so my money didn’t go to him it just sat their unclaimed.

I contacted the seller to verify I was sending the money to the correct paypal address and only then did he notice he’d registered his email address incorrectly with paypal.

I was his first customer.

I cancelled the payment and then he sorted out his paypal email address with paypal then I re paid him :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Joy Salt) #7

I sent someone a Paypal refund on their postage the other day and spotted it as unclaimed a few days later. I emailed them and they claimed it. Think it can depend on the status of the account or it might have been going to a secondary email address on their account (I obviously sent it to the same one they used to pay me).

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #8

This has happened to me before. I opened my T.D.O.V shop and put in one letter wrong in my paypal email address so a payment made to me wasn’t coming through, luckily my first customer was a friend and we got it sorted no problem!

1 Like
(Faye Huxham) #9

They took the money today so yay all cleared up. love yous shop by the way! :blush:

1 Like