Postal Delays

Hi Helen…Thank you…I was very surprised, the items I sent the week previous still havn’t reached the customers and I sent one of them 1st class. I did ask my post lady if it was worth upgrading them to 1st class so they will arrive earlier but she said it isn’t making any difference…some get through quickly some take over 1.5 wks. Must depend on individual areas and sorting office problems.

1 Like

I took all overseas postage off my shop as well

I added a note to my shop saying that post is being delayed at the moment, I also email on order receipt to say thank you and again mantion that post may be delayed and have checked with some customers a few days later to see whether their parcel has got there…everyone has been very understanding of the situation. I upgraded some to 1st class but my post lady said not to bother anymore as it won’t make a difference. I think most people completely understand the situation and are just happy when things arrive. I have had trouble getting mohair amd joints stock as the warehouse that Christie Bears gets her stock from is closed, we spent 3 phone calls to edit my order to something in stock (for future kits) I was just grateful they took the time to sort it with me…mind you it was a large, expensive order so in their interest to.

An update not sure when or if it will happen but US post my halt home deliveries due to shortness of staff.

I cant work out how to remove my overseas postage can you help?

DIANE, go to your account, on the left side items. Select bulk edit listings, set postage rates delete the. Overseas bit.

Diane, go to your dashboard and it says 'bulk edit listings ’ click on it and then on where it says ‘set postage costs’ and only fill out the UK one, leave the others blank. You can set postage charges individually by ticking the box next to the item or the whole lot by ticking the box at the top if you want, hope this helps :heart:

I deleted all mine one by one by editing the items in my shop however I have since realised if you go to menu, your account, listings, there is a button to edit all postage, you can highlight all listings and set the postage costs deleting overseas all at once.
Also if like me there’s more than one price for various listings, click all the ones that are the same i.e.at 2.95, do those the select the ones at say £1.00 postage etc Hope that makes sense x

thanks everyone will do that tonight , Ive also put a notice in my shop too

1 Like

How is everyone doing with the post? I thought I would let you know that a couple of times now I have used one of these royal mail boxes which takes parcels as wouldn’t fit into my usual post box and both times my second class post arrived next day.

1 Like

Most of my items are arriving next day but I’m finding things going into London are taking much longer. 1 item took 18 days! (1st class)

With the parcel boxes, do you have to touch a handle to drop your parcels in?
I’d like to start selling my larger items again but I don’t want to go into the post office (as it’s part of a co-op and you have to walk past lots of people to get to the counter)

1 Like

Yes, it pulls down like one of the big recycling bins so we take our hand sanitiser with us. It will take small parcels. Always remember to open it up again to check that your parcel has dropped in properly.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed an improvement over the last couple of weeks compared to before?

I closed my shop to avoid adding extra work for the postal service during the worst of this, but I’ve been hoping as more places start to reopen that the post will start to get more back to normal and then I can open up again.

1 Like

I personally haven’t had any issues at all - at least none where a customer has contacted me, so I’m assuming the customers I haven’t heard from have had their orders through. I’ve had stuff arriving in a day or two as usual. I have been making sure to use a box outside a post office though, as I’m sure those will be emptied daily. You could always open, but put an announcement to say there might be delays?

1 Like

I might open again within the next week (I still need to get round to updating all my postage prices first), although it’s been more my concern for the safety of the postal staff than worry of delays that’s been my reason for being closed. Hoping if we’re all allowed out a bit more and they’re speeding up then there’s likely less of them off sick now and it’s not as risky for them.

I know post around here seemed to be taking about a week before, but I’m not sure about more recently.

2 Likes

I had another customer (from my other selling platform) contact me yesterday to say that a parcel I posted on the 11th hasn’t arrived yet but the other parcels I posted that day from the same postbox all arrived the next day. It does seem to be a bit of a lottery still.

No pattern except a record that DH ordered from Germany posted on the 17th arrived this morning. An ironing mat from the UK took almost 3 weeks. The latter went through the Midlands main depot where there is a big delay. The German one flew into Southampton only 33 miles from us.

How are people finding the deliveries now?

1 Like

I’ve found it’s getting steadily worse! No problem at first, but things are taking several days to get through now.

I found it improved about 4 weeks ago now gone back to square one. Spoke to are old postman last week, he had to do our round due to lack of staff. He said things were getting worse as no deliveries on Saturday’s atm. Ordered something just over 2 weeks ago, never arrived and they are due to send a replacement. On saying that ordered some fabric from the US posted Wednesday, left O’Hare airport yesterday and cleared the customs sorting hub this morning. Stuff from Germany come into Southampton and as in Hampshire seems to find it’s way up to us within about 3 days from original poster.

No rhyme nor reason. I am thinking of using MyHermes again as have taken all my larger pieces off my shop and pay extra for signatures etc. Hate to do it but have to think of the business first.