Price of presentation

Can anyone reccomend a source of jewellery presentation boxes please. The simplest of ring and pendant boxes cost an arm and a leg, even cardboard ones. I have tried e-bay but nothing sensible. It really is crazy how I can buy a pack of lighters with a built in torch, igniter, two valves and filled with gas for quid yet it seems I have to pay two quid for a simple card ring box, they must be joking or trying it on
It puts a lot on the final price and the box will at best get re-cycled or slung out.
There is so much that is being passed off as hand made that we have to compete with, not just in price but genuine hand made is drowned in a sea of dross so being robbed for presentation is yet another burden for the maker.

I don’t sell jewellery but have bought loads in the past.
Maybe you could just wrap in tissue and put in a small organza bag, but offer people a proper jewellery box for an additional charge?
I would be happy with this option as only really need a box if it’s for a gift.

2 Likes

What you say is an option, thanks for the suggestion.

I buy my jewellery boxes from packaging world

1 Like

I either make my own or use Swift-Hart Boxes

1 Like

Thanks I shall google that.

2 Likes

I get my (cardboard) jewellery boxes from International craft. OK I buy them in packs of 100 so storing them is a bit of a space issue but a ring box is under £1 (with the insert) and a pendant box is less.

3 Likes

Thanks I shall visit your link.

1 Like

Thanks, I thought there had to be something other than the pirates.

1 Like

Another one Tiny box company

3 Likes

Cheers, will try that.

If you are getting boxes do be sure to get ones which are thin enough to go large letter in the post. I store my earrings in lovely round pills box pots from Ebay and display in those for fairs but for posting I post in the shallowest of little white boxes from the Tiny Box company. Large letter is only 2.5cm… / 1 inch. It is far to easy to buy boxes which are too deep and there is a massive difference between large letter and small package post.

3 Likes

I shall bear that in mind, craft fairs are a bit of a none event around here, probably the ones that organise them are the only ones making money so I do rely on post.

I’ve never found a ring box with one of those inserts so that the face of the ring is presented when you open the box that fits within the ‘large letter’ size. The ones I use from international craft are 28mm deep and that’s before you add any extra packaging like a jiffy bag. However for ‘special delivery’ (the only RM service where precious metal jewellery is covered by the insurance) there is no difference between the cost of ‘large letter’ and ‘small parcel’.

2 Likes

I occasionally make small pieces of jewellery in knitting / crochet…I wrap them in hand knitted gift bags. I have also received little gifts in this kind of wrapping.
If you choose to consider this option you will find some in my shop. I also work on custom orders for gift bags.

1 Like

Tiny box company for me.

3 Likes

Just posted out 4 orders in their little boxes. Large letter. Perfect.

2 Likes

I send quite fragile items in jiffy bags either large letter or small parcel (depending on value/size). You could put the jewellery in a small organza or silk bag for presentation purposes then wrap it in a layer of bubble wrap. Then fold 300gm robust card in half to create a rigid protective sleeve/pocket and place the bubble wrapped item inside this sleeve - sellotape round the sleeve to hold everything in place. Finally I put it all in a padded jiffy bag. This seems to work well for me and I’ve sent small items internationally with no problems. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, cardboard tube may work, I could flatten it a little. I am not really being a scrooge on packing but some of the prices make a £39 item into a less attractive £41 item.

I use Westpack - lovely quality and reliable. Silver foil printing on box. Includes foam.
Frankfurt Jewellery Box for Bangle / Pendant
Grey Linen-look Cardboard/ Black Foam
86 x 86 x 17
My October order worked out £1.18 per box including postage. Minimum order 96 (£113)

3 Likes