Problem uploading photos today

Good morning all, is anybody else experiencing problems uploading photos to a new listing this morning?

I was just going to do my listing but did my promoting first and noticed that a lot of shops had their pictures missing, so it is obviously a problem. I will come back and do my listing later.

1 Like

I’ve sent an email to Folksy so hopefully it’ll be back up and running soon! Have a good day

Doug has put a post here about this.

2 Likes

I had a problem uploading photos early this morning, but an hour or so later it was fine

Yes I’ve had problems uploading photos - the link is showing and it works, but the photos are not showing. Glad to have found this post as I thought I was doing something wrong

Thank you!

Problems again this morning @dougfolksy :frowning:

Yes! i’m having problems as well, it seems to be happening a lot lately, worse in the mornings? - unfortunately the mornings are the only time I have available to do listings. :cry:

I just tried and it just said photo error…I will have to try again later.

Hello – I’ve just restarted the cache again and it’s behaving again.
Obviously there’s another issue at play here.
I’m going to rebuild the image cache server and replace it. It was really stable until I had to restart it when it had memory issues.
Once I’ve done that I’ll see if there’s some way I can tell it not to exceed the physical memory of the server it’s running on.
But it’s working in the meantime and I’m sorry about the issues for the second morning on the trot.
Thanks so much for letting us know!

1 Like

thanks Doug…all seems to be working now

1 Like

Hello – thought I’d just keep you all up-to-date.
I’ve replaced the cache server with a new one that should track and limit its memory usage a bit more effectively.
Obviously I’ll keep an eye on things and as ever – thank you all so much for letting us know when there’s an issue.
Doug.

3 Likes

Oh dear Doug @dougfolksy - its happened again this morning.

Oh no! That’s so annoying for you :cry: Hopefully they get to the bottom of the issue soon x

1 Like

It seems to be working this morning! thanks @dougfolksy

2 Likes

@TheCraftingGardener
Cheers!
I wrote a monitoring program to catch when it went down and wake me to fix it – I’ll be automating that as a first priority today! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@dougfolksy - looks like you might have had an early morning alarm call - photos are playing up again :frowning: . Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

1 Like

There’s clearly a problem with the site, I tried uploading my photos and there’s zip response and when I return back to the site half of my information is missing and I have to type it again…what a waste of time. Come on Folksy please sort this problem